My '54 Ford F-100

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Rat Rod......Hooch called it,
The Ford went to Daytona Beach to a nice 70 year old man and his wife, they were tickled to drive it home. :D
I got on Craigslist that night and came across a '53 Chevy 210 in Orlando (3 hours north of here). Called the guy and went up that weekend and drove her home. 235 straight six, Three on the tree, dual exhaust, lowered 3 inches in the back, 2 in the front, pinstriped, lotsa extra chrome peices, stereo...everything works except the gas gauge!! The kids decided she will be known as "Betty". The Wife loves it too (until she finds out about the no power steering and no power brakes! :shock: )

So here she is!

newchevy-1.jpg

She looks cute without her skirts on too!

cheby.jpg

Why sell the Ford????
Kids are getting too big to fit all of us in the cab, My Wife was never really thrilled about it, Gas prices with the V8, needed a lot more done to it, blah, blah, blah. Now the Family is excited about the Cheby and actually ask to go riding in it!!!
It's a Win/Win all around. :mrgreen:

I never posted a shot of the Ford 'done" with the spider caps
and the stake bed rails (which I wasn't to sure about, but the new owner loved them!).
Here ya go.

bedrails.jpg

You're now the envy of every Cuban within a 500 miles

Just kidding of course....that's a sweet new ride!

I've been following your antics on FB. :wink:

nice score :mrgreen:
so is it a babbit pounder or full pressure? also are you keeping it and the original drive train?
might just want to SOUP THAT CHEVY if its a full pressure. again nice score and if you ever get rid of things on the chassis let me know.....there some things i need for my coupe :wink:

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I would not change ONE THING about that Ford. It is awesome.

Cept maybe dropping a nice flathead 8 Ford in it done up to the max with period hot rodding to the motor :mrgreen:

Seriously that is one beautiful ride I LOVE OLD FORD TRUCKS!!!

Thanks Fellas!
Sensor- She's a stock 235 and all...gonna keep it that way for awhile due to fundadge.
Cool article, thanks for that.
I would love to do the mild custom thing, but she's in such nice shape it's going to be hard to start pullin' peices and parts off.
Once I get enough money set aside though, LOOKOUT!!!!

That's nice man, I'm a big sucker for old cars and trucks. You might want to keep the 235 in it, you can bet gas prices will go up again. :roll:

heck i wasnt suggesting swaping parts(other than engine parts :wink: ).....thats in such nice shape only thing id change is the tires but if you were swapping drivetrains i just wanted a heads up in case you were getting rid of stuff im looking for :mrgreen:

Beautiful car..loved the truck..and even though i am tried and true Blue Oval fan..with Blue Oval power..I still salute your work..buddy of mine has or had a 2 carb intake for the old Chevy sixes..would have to check with him to see if he still has it..old Offenhauser..would something like that interest you ? How did you get the F-100 that low in the back ? Building a 71 F-100 and need less altitude in it... :D
kenny p said:
Thanks Fellas!
Sensor- She's a stock 235 and all...gonna keep it that way for awhile due to fundadge.
Cool article, thanks for that.
I would love to do the mild custom thing, but she's in such nice shape it's going to be hard to start pullin' peices and parts off.
Once I get enough money set aside though, LOOKOUT!!!!

Nice looking F100 and the Chevy!

You should have done what I did. I bought my 52 Panel about six years ago. Then, two years later, I bought the 37 Airflow for the family to cruise in on Sundays.

101_0735(Large).JPG

101_0759.JPG

112_0198(Medium).JPG

112_0194(Medium).JPG

Latest posts

Back