Old German Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
teetsboy95 said:
i think i had a german bike!!! i sold it but heres a pic...
l_a25f67a78c484102b55e69985802e06b.jpg
it was a 28" bicycle and looked 40"s or 50"s (i think) and the head badge said it was a "gazelle" and it had pinstriping on it and that told me it was a model "go-zelle" which was striped on the side of the frame on the top tube...it also has rod brakes only on the front and it had the remains of an old bell...it was just missing the cap...it also had a headlight and reflector (i kept both) and the reflector attaches to the tube above the rear dropouts which i thought was cool...it had some weird name on the coaster brake arm that i dont remember nor could make out...there was a picture stamped on it too and it looked like an eagle or something with its foot on a ball...oh and the back fender had lots of holes down the sides which tells me it had skirt gaurds...if anyone has any info about what this bike is and how much it was worth...it would be much appreciated...thanks! -teetsboy95

Gazelle is a Dutch brand, the shape/style is German. Probably made by Gazelle for export to Germany.
Monetary value in Amsterdam would be about 20 cents/kilo.... We drown in used bikes over here.

thanks for the information! it was a cool bike...i paid $15 for it and i think i sold it for less but oh well...i wish i couldve found tires for it so i could ride it :)

udallcustombikes said:
Great bikes! Could we see a close up of the springer? I have an Express Werke bike that I can find no info on. Can you enlighten me?

2010-11-05125729.jpg

More pics here.

Here's some info about the factory. In German,that is. There should be found more info,I guess. If you need some help,just scream.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... nw&cad=rja

Latest posts

Back