Not your average 3-speed pencil sharpener

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PencilShapener-01.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to do a buildoff#6........to much to do and I didn't want the pressure so I decided to have myself a quickie build. I was approached by the owner of the company that I work for to help with some fun ideas for some of the retiring workers. Out of three, two are semiretired at 70 and 67. Not bad for carpenters.
So I gave some suggestions but one was a tough one. His name is Moon 8) . That's his nick name for longer than I have known him but his real name is Exlaus so we just call him Moon. I have worked with him for the last 33 years, he has been there for 34. He is an old school carpenter, a good mechanic as such, and can do anything to your home that it needs and more. When I say old school we are talking hard to teach this old dog new tricks but has been getting into the new power tools in the past decade.
So to come up with a gift I thought some hand tool but this man has every handtool you could use. If he dosen't have it, it aint worth having. His trade mark was those tiny pencils he always had tucked behind his ear. When he leaves to go to work it's the thermos, lunch, wallet, and that dang pencil behind his ear.
The only thing I could come up with that he doesn't have and would keep is a 3-Speed Pencil Sharpener. Who wouldn't want one?

More pictures to come because I have to have it done for our company dinner this Friday. I lied there is pressure here. Those familiar with such devises will recognise what I have done here so I'll just run the pictures and leave it at that.

PencilShapener-02.jpg

PencilShapener-03.jpg

PencilShapener-04.jpg

PencilShapener-05.jpg

I cut the smallest chainring off this.
PencilShapener-06.jpg

PencilShapener-07.jpg

PencilShapener-08.jpg

PencilShapener-09.jpg

PencilShapener-10.jpg

PencilShapener-11.jpg

Graylock

3 spd. pencil sharpeners, microwave welders.....Your'e a MadMan!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:

Weld it to one of your bikes (WIN RRBBO6)!.."THE PENCIL NECK GEEK"

Very creative. One of the best uses of bike parts. You might change out that pink pedal though.

Rat Rod said:
Graylock = Mad Scientist :lol:
Markm said:
3 spd. pencil sharpeners, microwave welders.....Your'e a MadMan!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:
cman said:
Very creative. One of the best uses of bike parts. You might change out that pink pedal though.
Thanks guy's. I'm not " Mad " , I'm just funny that way. The pedal is Nantucket Red.
Deorman, I'm not at Galtbacken's level.
KOTA thanks for watching my back :wink:
Thanks you rat's for all the comments.

This pencil sharpener really works well. I think I'll make an Instructable for it and make a video of it working. I need to clean up the welds and prime it tonight to ready it for a Hammered Black and Copper finish.
:shock: GOT TO GO TO WORK ! :shock:

Graylock

You are teasing us with those pencils sitting there. How about some timing how long it takes to eat a pencil in each gear.

That is TOO COOL!

I would imagin that would eat a pencil down to the eraser instantly. (heh)

That thing is soooooo cool.
You should get one of those GIANT souvenir pencils and make a shifter out of it.

Latest posts

Back