TDF San Diego 10/1/11 Who's in!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
TDF this sat. @ Balboa Park In lovely Sandy Eggo! It looks as though through an instance of good luck and good freinds, I will be attending! Woo Hoo! Phoenix Phreaks in da HOUSE! Sooo, who can I look forward to meeting there from this forum? :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!! :mrgreen:

Re: TDF San Diego 9/17/11 Who's in!!!!!

Slick Rick said:
TDF this sat. @ Balboa Park In lovely Sandy Eggo! It looks as though through an instance of good luck and good freinds, I will be attending! Woo Hoo! Phoenix Phreaks in da HOUSE! Sooo, who can I look forward to meeting there from this forum? :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!! :mrgreen:
Yeah, just looked at the ol TDF calender and it says Oct 1...had me in a panic there for a second...
http://www.newbelgium.com/events/tour-d ... go-ca.aspx

My wife and I will be there; also staying in the gaslamp dist., I think. Haven't booked our room yet though.
Also gonna try to hit the L.A. TdF on the following weekend...

Post a shot of your bike so we know who to keep an eye out for!

Here is Burrito of mine that I will be riding. This was @TDF S.D. 2 years ago. I will probably have a Fez on as well
sandiegopic.jpg

My Bro. in law will be riding this one. (frame by Uncle Stretch)
colsonclone022.jpg

Ooops! :oops: Yeah, I did get the date wrong! No matter, It will still happen.Hey Blackwell not sure what I'm taking as of yet, we are not taking a trailer so no long bikes for sure. We will be pretty easy to spot as we will have on our Phoenix Phreaks shirts.Hey Harley, havent seen you in a while dude! I will have some tasty stogies for us! Not too many peeps I know appreciate a good cigar like you and I do. :wink:

Sorry for the confusion Rick, I thought you knew the date.

So far, we have 4-5 Phoenix Phreaks going to the Oct 1st San Diego TdF.
As a bonus, all Phreaks will get one of the new, custom club bike license plates I just ordered!

The trip plan is:
- Arrive around noon on Friday, Sept 30th
- Park at Mission Beach
- Unload bikes and locate other Phreaks that drove separately
- Find a good pub for lunch and celebratory brews
- Ride, Drink, Repeat, until 3pm when our Hotel is ready
- TdF on Saturday!

Hope to see as many of the RatRod crew as possible!

Sweet; I don't think I'd miss tikiharl's burrito, and I'll keep an eye out for the Phreaks shirts.
I'll be riding Cappy (looks a little different than here; has black fenders and new bars with tap handle grips):
cappy_finished.jpg

Tour de Fat in San Diego is on October 1st, 2011.
I am attending for sure, but not sure which bike I'll ride yet. Maybe my Torker custom build.
I live in Ocean Beach and know good routes for Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach if anyone wants to ride on Friday.
Just an FYI that bike theft is rampant in San Diego, so make sure to bring your locks and lock them up in public areas.
Someone visited from Arizona and had their highly customized Electra Boney Finger stolen while he was in Ralph's grocery store even though it was locked up with a cable lock beside the store.

Would the OP edit the date in the title of this thread so people won't be confused?

Kevin said:
So its This Saturday at Balboa Park? What time?

Hey Kevin,
Not this Sat.; you have a couple more weeks. It's Oct. 1. The bike parade starts at 11am, but I'd get there earlier in order to register. And it's at Golden Hill Park, which is the south end of Balboa Park.

http://www.newbelgium.com/events/tour-d ... go-ca.aspx

Hey GameBent.

I would definitely like to take you up on your offer of showing our Phoenix Phreaks and friends around Ocean Beach and Pacific Beach on Friday, Sept 30th. We plan to arrive around noon-ish on Friday. 8)

I cannot send a Private Message on this site for some reason - I keep getting kicked back to the Login screen. I tried both Internet Explorer and Mozilla FireFox as browsers but same results on both. Cleared cache files several times too, but no go.

Anyways, I would like to exchange cell phone numbers so we can find one another in San Diego. Can you PM me with your number and email? I will then email you back with my info. sorry for any inconvenience in this matter, but I can't seem to find a resolution to this technical issue.

Cheers,

Jeff (hef)
Phoenix Phreaks

I'll be there most likely on my favorite cruiser.

IMG_1331.jpg

Though I may Frankenbike something out these 2;

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

I will be proudly riding and promoting Driftwood Cruiser #9 at the San Diego Tour de Fat.

bike9-1.jpg

This bike is currently for sale, along with a limited quantity of others.

If you are interested in one of these unique, hand crafted hardwood bicycles Made in the USA, see me at Tour de Fat.
Or, visit the shop online at http://www.driftwoodcruisers.com/index.html

Driftwood Cruisers will also be on display at the Tempe, AZ Tour de Fat on Oct. 15th at the Phoenix Phreaks Custom Bike Show.

Photos do not do these bikes justice - the beauty of the natural wood grain, expert pinstriping, and quality components must be seen in person.

Bikes are loaded on truck,strapped down and ready to roll. Headed out in 12 hrs... Im stoked. One last thing to do..... call work ,let them know I wont be there tommorow! :shock: 8)
Hey SoCal, are you going to be around Fri. afternoon ? Looks like we will be cruising Mission Beach area sometime after lunch.

See you there Harley! I gots 4 premium Honduran stogies tucked safely away in my travel humidor! Oh, and a lil sumpin sumpin in da flask! :mrgreen:

tikiharl said:
Bikes are loaded on truck,strapped down and ready to roll. Headed out in 12 hrs... Im stoked. One last thing to do..... call work ,let them know I wont be there tommorow! :shock: 8)
Hey SoCal, are you going to be around Fri. afternoon ? Looks like we will be cruising Mission Beach area sometime after lunch.

Hey dude, man I'm at work still in North County(Carlsbad) and that's a beeotch direction this time of day. See you tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back