Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slingshot Dude said:
dont laugh to hard but my first car in about 2 years is going to be a 1957 or 1958 plymouth 2 door hardtop. i will paint it PINK! :mrgreen:
this was my Dad's 2nd car. He bought it in 1960, and still has it today.
P1020355.jpg

kenny p said:
You Rat Rod Bikers sure have great taste in Transportation!
Just went through this thread again, neat stuff.

Big John, Dorthy sure would look good in my driveway, and come in handy too!!! :mrgreen:
Thanks Kenny. She is VERY handy. Pulls the world! And breaks necks at every intersection!
-john

Honestly have you tried driving at 88MPH? LOL It worked in Hollywood.....Go back and scavenge a few elgin bluebirds, evenrudes, and maybe an old space lander for good measure. :lol:

I'd still rather have my V-dub Rabbit Drop top GTI clone. Simple, easy to work on, GREAT on gas, sporty, and drop top. What more could a guy ask for? Although power windows and locks would be cool and the door handles are a pain in the winter. (not my first V-dub) But they are tough as nails and with proper maintenance they run forever.

P7120089.jpg

P7120088.jpg

P7120092.jpg

Rabbit GTI Primer edition, with special attention to wiper arms and vinyl top!

Those watrcooled dubs are great cars, they might not be really fast, but they sure feel like they are.

yoothgeye said:
Rabbit GTI Primer edition, with special attention to wiper arms and vinyl top!

Those watrcooled dubs are great cars, they might not be really fast, but they sure feel like they are.

Yeah that wasn't my doing, It was in primer when I got it (lots of primer) He sprayed EVERYTHING grill, bumpers, top, the guy evidently didn't know what masking tape was for...lol. I'll have to show the dash later, it's painted white, yellow, and burlap. :? Yes the guy covered the dash with Burlap...Don't ask me why. :roll: I am slowly but surely getting it painted black with red trim and emblems. I'm thinking of covering the dash with some kind of fake rabbit fur or something off the wall crazy like leopard print or zebra print. It'll be MUCH nicer when I'm done with it. I agree it's not the fastest thing in the world but it'll get up to speed in a hurry, 110 HP from the GTI power plant, 5 speed stick shift, and light enough I can lift the back wheel off the ground by myself! And VERY responsive handling....Honestly feels like driving a go cart. Very fun to drive, especially with the top down. :mrgreen:

here are a couple pics of my rides
my first car 1973 vw superbeetle custom
2_bmp10.jpg

my 1953 vw bug i sold not to long ago

got a couple more gotta take pics

Dude.... :shock: your car is cleaner than my kitchen table. :shock: Very nice. Hope my V-dub turns out even half as nice as those bugs.
taterbug53 said:
here are a couple pics of my rides
my first car 1973 vw superbeetle custom
2_bmp10.jpg

my 1953 vw bug i sold not to long ago

got a couple more gotta take pics

Sweet van. If I had money any your van I'd go a little further. a rat rod version of this. But I'm crazy like that. :mrgreen:
704_1967-deora.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Sweet van. If I had money any your van I'd go a little further. a rat rod version of this. But I'm crazy like that. :mrgreen:
704_1967-deora.jpg

I saw a photo set of the build for that one somewhere. Crazy amount of talent$ involved!

Latest posts

Back