Typhoon 20"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Please excuse the crappy pics but I just got home with this thing. Its a little dirty now but it's going to clean up really nice I think. Good seat, nice grips, nice decals, original tires. The seller called me and said he had a Typhoon for sale, I didn't expect it to be such a cutie! I'll most likely sell it once I get it cleaned up, anyone know of a value or ballpark figure at least? This is my first little Typhoon.

102611201509.jpg

Nice little bike. I think 20" boys bikes saw harder use than almost any other style. You just don't see very many complete and in nice shape. Good find! Gary

All cleaned up. Paint is phenomenal on this bike! Nice strong decals too! Overall the chrome cleaned up nicely except on the handlebars which I knew would be the case and a small section of the front rim. Otherwise this bike came out really nice. I have a bunch of new 20" S7 tires laying around so I may put some whitewalls on the little guy. Whatd'ya guys think?

102711131908.jpg

102711131921.jpg

102711131956.jpg

Here's the bad spot on the front rim.
102711131932.jpg

what a sweet little guy! Wish it was in my shed :wink:

I saw the same bike just listed on I think Pittsburg list, the guy was asking 200 and braggin how rare it is. It s a very nice bike but rare I dont think so, the Typhoon was the most prolific bike Schwinn ever made and they made in every size and color.

Anyway i think 200 is high, maybe 100. If the pedals are original to the bike it must be mid 70,s

I actually have an almost Identical bike but mine is most likley 1960, it is in the same shape as yours, but mine is a Skipper. Basically the same bike but much more rare than a Typhoon. I paid 40 bucks for mine.

Very inspired, thanks for the pics 8)

Latest posts

Back