2 fresh STINGRAY finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please help me id these years . here are some pics. And a ballpark of what they are worth. I traded my older surfboard probably worth 100.00 for this green one. All original, garage kept. I put a deposit down for the red one, but i wasn't sure if i should do it before i talked to u rat rodders about this buy. He wants 350.00 for the red one. Should i buy the red one, it's worth it, or should i not buy the red one? The Serial # of the green bike is JD73614 unless the sissy bar is blocking more numbers?
IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

and the other one. I have not bought the other one yet. I was wondering if i should pay 350.00 for it. can anyone help me determine if 350.00 is fair for this red one below?
IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

Hello,
Very nice bikes.The green one is a September 1968.The $100.00 in my opinion was a super deal.
Not sure on the value of the red one but It is 1974 or later.

A stick worth a C-note for that green one was a nice dealio! I'm not a Ray guy, but my gut is tellin me $350.00 is a bit steep for that one.

The red one is around mid to late 1970s .Its mising the fenders .. I say you traded for the better of the two bikes the green one is a nice looking bike... The red bike to me on a good day is worth about $150 in that condition if you must have it..Just my 2 cents

I agree with Tanksalot.The green one,ya did good on.red one...i would pass it up.Can't go wrong with green ever. 8)

Ok, well I'll try and get him down to 150.00 if I can't, then I'll just let the red one go. Thank you for your guys input. I do appreciate your help. Is this model I have not as common because it has the coaster rear brake, the three speed shifter on the handle bar, and a front hand brake. Also, what do u think this bike is worth in the condition it sits in these pics?

Thanks,
Sean

I was interested in that bike, but not at $380 or $350 or even $300. The seller has had that '74 Opaque Red Stingray listed often for many weeks with no takers. The condition of the paint and seat are not good, it's missing the original shifter and Opaque Red grips which are very tough to find.

I agree, in the condition it's in and having a few of the parts missing I wouldn't pay full blown retail for it. I would think $100-$150 would be fair.

Latest posts

Back