Dyno Bike pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,
Figured I would throw some pictures out there of my rides since Im selling so many parts. A little back story. I bought my first Dyno, the orange Von Franco in 2000 when I was in high school. I had a friend that makes motorcycle handle bars bend me up a set. They are huge but look awesome. I put Huntingtion Beach Bicycles seat,orange pedals and orange grips on it. I still have all the stock parts for it. Ever since then I have building and buying different bikes,whizzers,dynos and cars. I enlisted in the Army and did 6 years from 2004 to 2010. Everytime I would come home on leave I would go to motorcycle and bicycle swap meets and yard sales and buy anything Dyno I could find. I have too much stuff now so, just looking to liquidate a little bit. I bought the moon bike for $280 locally and it had a bunch of mods so I have since returned it to original. I plan on buying the moon discs for it since I live 10 minutes from Mooneyes. I bought the Von Franco Taboo Tiki for $65! at a yard sale in Newport Beach. It was missing the tank badges, the tiki was broken off and the bars and seat post were scratched and rusted. So I bought a new tiki,tank badges and had the seat post and bars powder coated. I built the grey bike for my dad when I was in high school from all swap meet parts. It has dyno roadster wheels and super slick tires with a nexus three speed hub. An old speedometer. Carbon fiber shorty fenders and a Schwinn B6 chain guard. I painted it Cadillac graphite gray since he has worked for different GM dealers for 40 years. The Whizzer was another Newport Beach yard sale find. I picked it up for $500! another steal. The red dyno deuce is brand new and has never been ridden. I bought that right when dyno went out of business as an investment. Im also selling that one for $500 if anyone wants it. The dyno glide was a craigslist find for $80. It was rusted really bad so I replaced a bunch of hardware and actually had to color sand some areas to get the rust off the paint. My girlfriend uses it whenever we go cruise the beach. I have a dyno roadster frame and chain guard Im planning to build once I get rid of the Whizzer and Dyno Deuce as well as some parts. It will have 24x3 inch tires front and back, Shorty Fenders, powder coated asphalt black, whizzer hydraulic fork and some other odds and ends. So let me know if you need any dyno stuff. Chances are I probably have it.
IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

HeloCrewChief said:
Hey Guys,
Figured I would throw some pictures out there of my rides since Im selling so many parts. A little back story. I bought my first Dyno, the orange Von Franco in 2000 when I was in high school. I had a friend that makes motorcycle handle bars bend me up a set. They are huge but look awesome. I put Huntingtion Beach Bicycles seat,orange pedals and orange grips on it. I still have all the stock parts for it. Ever since then I have building and buying different bikes,whizzers,dynos and cars. I enlisted in the Army and did 6 years from 2004 to 2010. Everytime I would come home on leave I would go to motorcycle and bicycle swap meets and yard sales and buy anything Dyno I could find. I have too much stuff now so, just looking to liquidate a little bit. I bought the moon bike for $280 locally and it had a bunch of mods so I have since returned it to original. I plan on buying the moon discs for it since I live 10 minutes from Mooneyes. I bought the Von Franco Taboo Tiki for $65! at a yard sale in Newport Beach. It was missing the tank badges, the tiki was broken off and the bars and seat post were scratched and rusted. So I bought a new tiki,tank badges and had the seat post and bars powder coated. I built the grey bike for my dad when I was in high school from all swap meet parts. It has dyno roadster wheels and super slick tires with a nexus three speed hub. An old speedometer. Carbon fiber shorty fenders and a Schwinn B6 chain guard. I painted it Cadillac graphite gray since he has worked for different GM dealers for 40 years. The Whizzer was another Newport Beach yard sale find. I picked it up for $500! another steal. The red dyno deuce is brand new and has never been ridden. I bought that right when dyno went out of business as an investment. Im also selling that one for $500 if anyone wants it. The dyno glide was a craigslist find for $80. It was rusted really bad so I replaced a bunch of hardware and actually had to color sand some areas to get the rust off the paint. My girlfriend uses it whenever we go cruise the beach. I have a dyno roadster frame and chain guard Im planning to build once I get rid of the Whizzer and Dyno Deuce as well as some parts. It will have 24x3 inch tires front and back, Shorty Fenders, powder coated asphalt black, whizzer hydraulic fork and some other odds and ends. So let me know if you need any dyno stuff. Chances are I probably have it.
IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg
Nice Camaro!!!!

Taboo Tiki update! Original Tiki frame has its fenders, tank, chainguard and fork painted in the original House of Kolor green!
Rims are orange and handlebar and other misc parts are black. Water decals are coming soon. I can't wait to see it done!
PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND ORIGINAL CORK SADDLE AND GRIPS! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Regards from Argentina.
Geno

HeloCrewChief said:
Very cool project. Finding those grips and seat is going to be tough. I will keep an eye out for you.

Thanks Chief!!! :D
This is a yesterday pic I took from my cat and the Dyno Moto Glide...

BBBT said:
Taboo Tiki update! Original Tiki frame has its fenders, tank, chainguard and fork painted in the original House of Kolor green!
Rims are orange and handlebar and other misc parts are black. Water decals are coming soon. I can't wait to see it done!
Regards from Argentina.
Geno

I didn't know the color was a House of Kolor paint :idea: Your picture doesn't show very clearly but I've had three Tiki's and all of them had a black-ish fade on the edges of the fenders. Is that in the original House of Kolor green or was that airbrushed afterwards?

Nice project! Also nice to see that you're going for the 100% original look with the reflectors and black alloy hub for the wheels. Don't forget to use black spokes and spokenipples :mrgreen:

MaXXXwell said:
didn't know the color was a House of Kolor paint :idea: Your picture doesn't show very clearly but I've had three Tiki's and all of them had a black-ish fade on the edges of the fenders. Is that in the original House of Kolor green or was that airbrushed afterwards?

I think that the "black-ish fade" that you saw, was generated by the kandy in the paint tha changes color in different angles and curves depending on the light.

BBBT said:
Regards from Argentina.
Geno

This project looks amazing thus far! I have a Taboo Tiki as well but am missing the grips. If I come across anything grip or seat wise, I will let you know. I am also interested in how you are going to do the decals on the tank/chainguard. Any information you find about grips or about the decals would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tommy

Here's my Dyno...
IMAG0012.jpg

Latest posts

Back