Steam Power!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are ever in SF make a stop off at the Musee Mecanique (penny arcade) down on the pier. This was based off of a 1912 motorcycle. The article said it's top speed was around 110mph, steam powered, leaf spring rear suspension, multispeed hub. This thing was VERY cool. Everything in this museum is very cool. Lots of mechanical and electro-mechanical coin-op stuff.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Will do! I get to SF a few times a year, but have never seen that.
Great inspiration for a SteamPunk build.

It's a cool visit when in the area. It's not too far from Pier 39. I think it takes about an hour to see everything there. Assuming you don't play everything there.

Rat Rod said:
That rear suspension on that Steam Flyer has to be giving folks here ideas. :shock: :idea: :mrgreen:

I already made sure to point it out to Karfer (he was on the ride with us).

Of course I noticed the front suspension. There are springs inside the tubes which either get compressed with a rod to the top or get stretched from each end. It's actually the same basic design that I have plans in mind for one of my bikes if I ever get around to building it.

This was the baddest bike ever! Too bad that display case was in our way for seeing it up close. Nice pictures Martian!

The only sign that was there is the one near the front of the bike. I didn't see any specs other than it's top speed which I can't remember. There may have been more details in the articles in front of it, but I didn't read them.

Latest posts

Back