My Last Rat Rod....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...for 2007! Built this bike in 3 days! ! ! This bike was junk when I got it but it had to come to life for the original owner. So I got to crackin' and had it done Christmas Eve!
LMK what you think!

BEFORE:
gotta alittle ahead of myself and took the bike apart before I got a picture.

S5000104.jpg

S5000106.jpg

S5000107.jpg

S5000108.jpg

S5000109.jpg

AFTER:
S5000113.jpg

S5000114.jpg

S5000116.jpg

I can imagine 3 SLEEPLESS days! Looks good!

Are those the same rusty rims? How in the world did you do that? lol

well done my friend. the name of the post had me worried that this was litterally your last rat. whew this site would not be the same with out ya buddy. nice work

Long story but cool!

I was cruising through a neighborhood looking for an old bike clinging to life in some bushes or leaning cool against a shed when I spotted an rust bucket cantilever leaning cool against an old shed. I stopped, knocked but never got a reply. Came back a few days later and the homeowner was home. I asked about the old bike and she said it wasn't for sale. I asked if I could look at it anyways and said "Sure!" So we strolled back to her shed and she told me that she bought the bike new for a 59 year old son when he was a kid. Turns out the bike wasn't a schwinn but just a cool Columbia. She said that the son wanted it fixed up and rideable but the guy that was going to do it wouldn't show up. I offered to fix it and have it done before Christmas...well that was like December 20th...what was I thinking, but I took the challenge and went for it. We got a truck and picked it Dec. 21st at a dark and started the next morning. We dropped it off last night. I asked if the bike looked like it did and she thought it was pretty close. The son was out of town but should be riding it soon.
I rode the bike and it was...AWESOME! Rode smoothly, took the corners easy and just overall felt great!

We replaced the following:
Wheels
Tires
tubes
Hubs (came with the wheels
Crank
Sprocket
Pedals
Chainguard
Seat
Bars
Neck
Grips
Chain

What we took off were great Rat Rod parts but too much work for our time period. So the wheel hoops, Hubs, Chainguard, sprocket and maybe bars will be posted for sale if anyone is interested. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

great story i love to hear about things like this. good work spreading a little ratty x mas cheer around

Nice job with the classic paint scheme. That'll be cool if a little of the rust comes back through too.

Joshua85 said:
i dont think it could look any better, awesome job, you guys sicken me with your skills sometimes :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back