1/2 PINT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a bike that i actually built last year for the turkey day ride then i built the jc higgins kustom and rode it insted. this bike sat around till a few weeks ago when i found out that a group of guys downtown had started a 16 and under inch wheel bike ride that hops from bar to bar down town. it started life as a 12 inch wheel dora the explorer bike that i got for free. added the 26" MTB fork, NOS vintage style twin clamp stem, electra ape hanger bars, new grips with 9mm shell cassing ends. oh yes and then there is the wheelie bar with outwich the bike would be just about unrideable. lean just a tick back and whomp you would go right over. so with out furthur ado here is 1/2 PINT.

1001136.jpg

1001137.jpg

1001138.jpg

That is great. The wheelie bar makes it totally rideable. A full size fork is on the easiest and best mods to do to these lil bikes.

lol thanks this bike has hurt more guys messing around on it than anything else i have built. they all try to do wheelies on it without going onto the wheelie bar. trouble is the sweet spot is so small you just end up swinging back onto the wheelie bar too hard then right over you go. next mod for 1/2 pint will be the addition of ti screws on the wheelie bar so it will toss sparks.

Oh yeah! It's Pixie time!

That's actually a pretty cool seat with the diamond pattern on it. (I'd like to find one of those in white)

The knobby on the rear, ribbed tire on the front combo gives it a sand-dragster look.

Mudflap Girl adorning the back is the coup de grâce

-Mp

i was going to put a matching tire on the rear but it is a big ol pain to take the wheelie bar off so i will just run it till i skid through the stock one. i have to take some more pics of it i added this stupid thing on the rear wheel that looks like a v twin engine and has a flipper that hits the spokes. now it sounds like an old john deer tractor because on each rotation the wheel is so small the flapper hits the valve stem.

lol, that thing is sweet, and great visual for the large forks...... thanks... and is that a COMMET in the pic?? very nice.

no thats my 62 ranchero. there are more pics of it somwehre else on here under other talk

Yous guys with the Pixies look like you're having Way Too Much Fun! ( I want one now)

Hooch,Cool Vid...and the Dead Kennedys music made it even better!

You guys are infectious. I know now what I must do. I've been saving my little girl's 16" Schwinn gremlin for this!
Dec07.jpg

well rip grind and burn my friend the cool thing about pixie bikes is they are dirt cheap to buy and build. 1/2 pint was built from spare parts i had laying around or made. this was also my first personal attempt at striping not bad not great either. but i am still the only one in the local crew that rolls 12 inch wheels!

Latest posts

Back