I hate that I love Coppertone Lightweights

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw this coppertone '66 Traveler on cl last week and the ad said he would be bringing it to the Midwest Bike Swap. I knew as soon as I saw it that it would find its into my truck. The day of the swap I saw the bike right off the bat and went to inspect (drool on) it. I let the seller know that I was displeased with him for bringing such an irresistible bike out. I spent the day watching tire kickers consider the bike and all of them walked away. As folks were starting to pack up I headed back to make him an offer. After a bit of haggling we agreed on a price and I came home with another dumb Schwinn lightweight. I hate that it rides like a cloud. I hate the way the SA hub works like new. I hate that the paint, seat, and even the white wall S5 tires are all like new. I love my new bike.

IMAG1035.jpg

IMAG1050-1.jpg

IMAG1054.jpg

IMAG1055-1.jpg

IMAG1057-1.jpg

IMAG1051.jpg

IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1053.jpg

IMAG1056.jpg

IMAG1058.jpg

That's a beauty!Can you ride it without one of these :D

The Coppertone Lightweight: Would I ever even ride one because of my size? No. Did I hesitate one instant before buying one just so I could have a 'His & Her's"? No.

Yours looks amazin'.

How can you resist a bike like that, right? Seems like you can't give them away, but you never really want to either. :mrgreen:

The whitewalls really make that bike pop! I feel like you never see whites on these lightweights, just black or gum.

Xcruiser said:
Coppertone tends to elude me save one Pixie therefore I hate your bike as much as you do lol jk jk.

! My only Coppertone is a Pixie too :lol:

Latest posts

Back