MADDAWG

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
150_0391.jpg
]I bought this bike from my friend Louie about 2yrs ago. i tore it down, built it up and, tore it down again. i think this will make a good build. its going from MADWAGON to a "MADDAWG"!

there was a sticker on the bike that read http://www.madwagon.com. when i bought this bike it was set up like a mountain bike from the factory. i have seen 2 other Madwagon bikes, one was a mountain bike, the other was a cruiser.

NICE FRAME!! SWEET LINES SO...GET TA BUILDIN!! PEACE

here we go [/im
150_0393.jpg
[
150_0394.jpg
/img]g] first thing to go, the brake mounts![/img]
150_0398.jpg
150_0397.jpg
now to clean it up
150_0399.jpg
.[/im
150_0400.jpg
g] done, and done.

wire wheel on a drill, a wire brush, and some 100 grit sand paper, and the rest of the paint is gone[/img]
150_0406.jpg
150_0405.jpg
150_0407.jpg
150_0404.jpg

Wow, looking good.

I figured when you hacked off the brake mounts (which you made clean!) you'd get rid of the cable guides... you have plans for them?

"SHERTZTX" thanks JEFF, I MIGHT NEED A CHROME CHAIN AND A BRAND NEW TRUCK SO I CAN TAKE THIS BIKE FROM PLACE TO PLACE AND SHOW IT OFF..... ha ha ha ha ha ha

[/img]
150_0418.jpg
came home and covered the scratches and grinder marks with some putty. ill smoth it out tomorrow.[/img]
150_0413.jpg
here are some of the parts i will use. i just havent figured out what direction im going to take this build...

150_0414.jpg
150_0415.jpg
150_0416.jpg
traded a murry frame for these rims. 26in. aluminum single speed rims, light as heck! the tires i had in the garage 26x1.95. should be fast...

its been raining here all week, i cant sand,grind,paint none of the good stuff. i tried to mock up the bike but got caught in the rain. should be dry this weekend, ill finish mocking up the frame, and maybe some paint sunday afternoon. till then love, peace, and taco grease!

I'm enjoying your build! I have a Madwagon, cruiser with a shimano Nexus 7 speed . They were a mountain bike company that morphed into building retro looking cruisers, and then went out of business. I'm a big fan of their frames!

it finally stoped raining enough to get outside. i did some wet sanding, and some more primering. if all goes well it should be in paint by Friday. wish me luck. (i need to practice my grinding skills)
150_0422.jpg
150_0423.jpg
150_0430.jpg

Latest posts

Back