NOS Dyno Build for My Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up on Ebay, a NOS ladies frame in need of a build up. So Im gonna do it!

IMAG0295.jpg

Picked up some parts to start the build, NOS Kustom Kruiser fenders, chainguard, wheels with Nexus 3 speed hub.

IMAG0296.jpg

Fitted up fenders and chainguard:

IMAG0316.jpg

Paint on Forks, rims, and chainguard:

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0372.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

Pressing in bottom bracket and starting assembly:

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0378.jpg

Got parts back from pinstripe:

49a2323f.jpg

More assembly pics:

724b25d3.jpg

72e560e3.jpg

41b0654e.jpg

206236c2.jpg

Thanks guys. Thanks again chuck you did a great job on lacing the wheels, rode it yesterday, smooth as butta. More pics to come.

Here is the almost finished pics. Chuck Im gonna need some help with the kickstand, I dont have all the parts I need to install it.

7972d8bb.jpg

d938f2dd.jpg

ba487ad1.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys. She loved it, only thing left is sourcing parts for the kickstand and anchoring the shift cable on the Nexus, overall it was a fun build, now to finish my Dyno so I can modify my Basman and my Electra Sparker!

The bike looks great. A tip on the kickstand-Try getting the cam/spring/pin ect... from an older Schwinn kickstand,should be the same set-up. I have taken the kickstand and all of the parts and put it in a Dyno Kustom Kruiser.
-Kreep-

I would think that any 26" Schwinn should work (that's what I used). They are usually around 11 inches. I would measure from your kickstand sleeve down to the ground while the bike is at a comfortable lean just to make sure. Depending on your bike you might end up getting one off of another Schwinn.Also you will need a spring depressing tool to remove and install the kickstand.Hope this helps you out.
-kreep-

Nice bike!!!
I used to have that bike back in 2001. But someone steal it from me :cry:
One of the best I had, so many good memorys... don´t leave it out of sight! :wink:

Thanks for the compliments guys! very close to finishing. Hope to have it done by this weekend.

Back