Who has used Greyhound to ship ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always used USPS and have never had a problem. Just use the smallest box possible and if needed split it up into two boxes, one for frame and small parts the other for wheels and whatever is left. Also FedEx I have heard has a good bike shipping program but I have yet to try them. I stumbled across this a while back:

http://www.bikeflights.com/bicycle_shipping.aspx

My buddy ships vintage Mopar sheetmetal all the time, with good results,via Greyhound. I bought a windshield for my vintage boat, and had it shipped greyhound. Came broke, and they were impossible to file a claim with. Can they damage a bike? Dont know. The windshield was screwed to a 2X4, and the wood was broken when it got here. How do they break a 2X4? BUt they were 1/3 the cheapest common carrier quote I got. Packit well......

Unless they are charging you for packing, it should be around $25 USPS for just a frame and fenders. A whole bike will be more but not just a frame and fenders.

That quote seems high, I've shipped a bench seat with extra seat covers from
A to Washington for about 120, also did 30s Plymouth fender for about 75 cross country, for a frame and fenders try ups ground to a business address, it makes a difference vs home address.

I looked into this when I shipped Rockit! that Shelby bike a while back. Problem for me was, he didn't live in a town that had a Greyhound station, so there's that to consider.

I shipped it via FedEx, packed in a large bike box that I got from a bike shop (box was free), for $75. An that was an entire heavy bike with lots of sheet metal, from CA to NC. What you're shipping shouldn't be more than my $75.

Latest posts

Back