jeers to Bell Bicycle products

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Bell detachable bike basket on a bicycle, and the plastic mounting plate broke after basic usage. I contacted their customer support department via their website if they had replacement mounting brackets available. I received a response along the lines of 'we don't support any of the bicycle accessories found at big box department store retailers'. wow. great.
To further irk me, I am now on their marketing email list and get solicitations to purchase other fine Bell products. grrr.

I have attempted to use the retro style pedals made by Bell, only to have them start clunking and coming apart after a few miles. :roll: Not worth the money, even though I got them on clearance.

I bent a pair of Bell Cruiser Bow peddals after riding into the wind just 15 minutes after installing them. I'll never buy Bell products again. Cheap,Cheap,Cheap. Gary

Complaint after complaint after complaint of products sold at 'box stores" yet people continue to buy the stuff, it breaks then they complain some more. Really? My suggestion with each purchase expect it to last only a day or two and before you leave the store pic up some super glue, zip ties, and duct tape.

It was my fault, saw them for $2.50 a pair and figured they were worth a shot. Live and learn. I've had no problems with their grips, however. 8)

Bigcam59 said:
It was my fault, saw them for $2.50 a pair and figured they were worth a shot. Live and learn. I've had no problems with their grips, however. 8)

I won't lie, I buy that stuff too, but I always expect to have to modify it in some way. Then again now that I think of it, I would do that even if it didn't break. OK, yeah I have issues.

Latest posts

Back