One-of-a-kind Electra Super Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big Electra fan, and this unique Super Deluxe is my fourth Electra cruiser. It is a company one-off that was made to see what the color scheme looks like in person. Since they didn't produce this color scheme, there are only two in existence; one men's and one women's. I really like the metallic green color and classic style, including the blade forks and rear rack. The frame is made of aluminum and riding this luxury liner is soooooo comfortable! I don't plan on making any changes, just additions. The last pic is me on my awesome new cruiser in SoCal in case anyone wants to know what my ugly mug looks like.

20120722_100908-1.jpg

20120722_125029.jpg

20120709_160324.jpg

Thanks RR!
Electra occasionally has a 'scratch and dent sale,' where they offload scratched bikes, imperfect parts and the occasional color sample like this Super Deluxe. Sadly they haven't had a sale for a couple of years. I wasn't able to attend the last one, but I distinctly remember seeing this Super Deluxe and the woman's version on Craigslist a few days afterwards. I didn't contact the seller quickly enough, so I missed out. Fast forward two years later, and the person who bought it was from Arizona and put an ad to sell it on the San Diego Craigslist because he was coming here for July 4th. I quickly contacted him and convinced him to sell it to me for a very reasonable price along with some bike parts I wasn't using.
The cycle will be complete (hehe) if I find the lady who owns the woman's version and we end up together as a couple. OK, that's more like a fairy tale, but it doesn't hurt to dream, does it?

tin machine said:
Major sweet bike , theres one of these Electra cruiser old school bike 3 speed nexus right down the street from me thinking about buying it ?

Just an FYI that Electra cruisers made before 2005 do not have their patented technologies (Flat Foot and Pedal Forward) that make their more modern bikes so darn enjoyable. These technologies stretch out the frame and offer a lower center of gravity that makes them more comfortable to ride and much more stable when you come to a stop.
However, their older choppers aren't that much different than their modern ones.

You will definitely feel more stable on a modern Electra than on a MTB!
Plus, your back won't ache from hunching over for hours on end!

GameBent said:
You will definitely feel more stable on a modern Electra than on a MTB!
Plus, your back won't ache from hunching over for hours on end!
I bought what i now know is a 1988 specialized hardrock, it's a cool quality bike and i got as far as down the block but i didn't feel stable my stepdad said im bad for wanting another 2 wheeler (i get a 2nd mtb in a raffle for $5) BUT i tried a base cruiser 1 at my lbs and i could almost balance it sitting still :shock: :D I dont know i might save and do it anyway but i REALLY have to learn then :!: :!:

I got rid of the super-stiff leather saddlebags and got a newer set made by twjensen here on RRB.com.

20121118_112136.jpg

Thanks kngtmat!
All of my other cruisers are jealous of how much time I spend riding this Super Deluxe!

Latest posts

Back