Retro Kustom. N.M. salsa (changes)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All most done just waiting for a springer fork from USCHOPPERS and some old school teardrop pedals.
Hope you all like it.

DSC03625.jpg

DSC03627.jpg

DSC03619.jpg

DSC03618.jpg

Re: Retro Kustom. N.M. salsa

Man, that is B.A. !!!!!!

deven_science said:
Is that a Roth Reaper frame?

Wait... didn't we meet at a gas station just outside of Shiny Side Up? I remember that you said you had Roth change the chain stays on your frames that you bought from him.

Yes.. Yes.. and Yes...

I hope to be back next year and bring this bike with me.

ratdaddy said:
holy cow!! Thanks, that was worth the wait. Looks fantastic. Have you got the new forks and pedals on it yet?

jeff

Still waiting on the fork been told sometime around the end of the month. Thanks it rides supper sweet. The balance on the bike is perfect and I can ride it with no hands. On bikes this long thats real hard to get.

Very cool! I like the N.M. Salsa name, it just sounds right for a wild frame like this. I named my custom stretch Salsa Verde (shown in my avatar). Great job on the build!

Very cool. Looks like it's in motion sitting still.

Mind me asking why you're ditching the triple trees for the springer? I have springer on my stretch and want to go the other way. The chrome on my springer is junk and can't seem to get it lined up straight. Doesn't seem to be very good quality but looks the same as everything else out there. I've also thought about just changing it to a black springer since my bike is all black anyway.

NicksGarage said:
Very cool. Looks like it's in motion sitting still.

Mind me asking why you're ditching the triple trees for the springer? I have springer on my stretch and want to go the other way. The chrome on my springer is junk and can't seem to get it lined up straight. Doesn't seem to be very good quality but looks the same as everything else out there. I've also thought about just changing it to a black springer since my bike is all black anyway.

We maybe talking about different springer forks. The one I will put on it is from Choppersus here's a link

http://www.choppersus.com/store/product ... hrm-1-1-8/

So it's still a triple tree. Thanks it does look like its in motion one of the reasons why I love this frame.

DesignIt said:
Very cool! I like the N.M. Salsa name, it just sounds right for a wild frame like this. I named my custom stretch Salsa Verde (shown in my avatar). Great job on the build!

I see you live east of Austin. I wll be there on the 21 Dec. to spend Xmass with my wifes family. I'm going to bring it with me to ride on the 22 all over down town. They live very close to Jesse James Austin Speed Shop so I will go by and see if I can get something for a friend. Would be cool to ride with anyone from around there.

NicksGarage said:
Ok, that is not your normal springer. Going to look great on your bike.

Sent from my HTC EVOLTE using Tapatalk.

I do have this same frame built up with smaller tubing and with a what you call a normal springer.

DSC02172.jpg

Yep, that's the kind I have.

I really like your blue frame, looks much more substantial and a little bit more ground clearance. Especially over the design on their web site.

Does anyone know what Roth is selling the frames for? I really like the look of these frames.

Latest posts

Back