~~~BLACKJACK~~~ <<<FINISHED>>>

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ~~~BLACKJACK~~~ Ready for Christmas ( but not done yet)

Dang that looks sharp. Your fix looks fine like I told ya stuff happens and ya gotta roll with it. In the end it looks killer.

Man your bike really turned out nice. Will make a super gift!

karfer67 said:
Dang that looks sharp. Your fix looks fine like I told ya stuff happens and ya gotta roll with it. In the end it looks killer.
I think after he scratches it up a bit, I'll just bring you down to work some magic. Pretty soon it will be all pin stripe and no black! :lol:

I worried I'm going to freak out the first time he falls on it. I think I just might hang it in his room, and buy him a Wal Mart bike! :lol:

Please take some nice outdoor shots of this bike to document it after tomorrow.

Turned out really nice. :D

The scratch really doesn't look that bad. Put a little Mooneyes decal on both sides if it bothers you that much :mrgreen:

Have a Merry Christmas, CRASH! :D

or put more bullets over it :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Please take some nice outdoor shots of this bike to document it after tomorrow.

Turned out really nice. :D
Thanks. My wife is a semi-professional photographer ( http://jencphotography.wordpress.com/ ) and we have a full "retro" '50's photoshoot planned. But I want to wait until I get the actual chainguard on it.

Pros did two parts, the powdercoating and the pinstriping. ;) Friends did the excellent welding, and aAssembly and scratches have been all me.

Crash obviously you have not seen my son's chopper. It's beat to well you know and still looks good I think. I'll send you pics sometime if you want

dsc0268zp.jpg

So rad. Thanks for including me on this long distance project

Wow. That's gonna be one happy child! Seeing that beautifully done bike next to the tree! I can still remember my first bike lol came on Christmas, a nice bright red huffy! This will be a very long lasting memory! A great build and have a merry, merry Christmas

You did a really fantastic job an a very cool bike!
It's on my top 5 list for 20" bikes!!!

When the right chain guard gets on there it will rocket to #1. ;)

:lol:

Sorry guys, I didn't get any pictures of him seeing it for the first time. He snuck out of his room at 3am. :lol: :lol: But he loves it!

Beautiful build and story. :D

You definitely get an "A+" in the 'being a good dad' category. 8)

Vintagebikelover24 said:
I can still remember my first bike lol came on Christmas, a nice bright red huffy! This will be a very long lasting memory!

Me too, a red Huffy, Christmas of '64.

Crash's son will remember this day for many, many years to come.

The first scratches have been adorned on the front fender and the first dent has been applied to the rear fender. I'm trying hard not to scream. :lol:

He's having trouble with the gearing. 46-18 might have been a bit much to ask. Now I'm thinking of 'upgrading' to a 5-speed.

Yeah. That brings back memories. I did a 57 pixie for my son and spent 20 hours metal finishing the fenders to perfection(without maiming the original paint!) just to have him stuff it under a steel pole fence the first 10 minutes he rode it! :roll: Gotta love them anyhow! Looks good and as for the scratch just suff it lightly to remove any high spots. Get some paint that matches the color you have(shoot a test panel and see how close it is to be sure!), get a match and dip into the paint(the paper end), lightly dab it into the scratch (allow time for each application to dry) until its built up about a 1/32" above the level of the rest of the paint then nib it down with(not 100% sure on the grit since you had the frame powder coated and I don't deal with powdercoat just paint!) about 1200-2000 grit paper wet and then hit it with some rubbing compound by hand with a flannel rag, then finish it off with some glaze on a flannel rag wash off and it'll be like it never happened(well, if it was painted I'd say 100% true but again I don't know about powdercoat since I am a bodyman/custom painter. I don't use powdercoat)! hope that helps some and even if he rolls it as is. It's a kids bike it'd get beat anyhow and it looks great and good on you for doing something nice for your kid(s)!

Latest posts

Back