How do you store your bikes??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to accumilate more bikes just wondering how am I going to store these bikes.

For a while you put them anywhere you can, then you build a bicycle hidey hole... they are all the rage now.

SAM_0930.jpg

SAM_0931.jpg

I was thinking about building an extention behind my garage just like that but with a roof.

Big A said:
I was thinking about building an extention behind my garage just like that but with a roof.

Mine has a floating roof!

All the good stuff I keep in the shop, but this is my general parts bikes area. It has around 35 bikes in it now and is only half full.

I normally cram them in the shed, if it gets too crowded I pull the wheels and hang the frame from the rear dropouts from the roof and put the wheels in a row underneath them.

I would love to get a storage container. I'd fill it up in no time. I'm also thinking of building a 20 bike shed on the side of my garage, but then I'd have to move my primary junk pile. :? So there are 83 bikes here and there, not all pictured here.

Howdostorebikes.jpg
howdoyoustorebikes4.jpg

Howdoyoustorebikes2.jpg
howdoyoustorebikes3.jpg

My garage is a one car, so I have to pack them in there. I used an 8 foot 2 x 4 and laid it over the rafters, then screwed in a bike hook every 14". 16" would have been better, as they tend to get tangled up when I have all 10 hanging up. The weight of the bikes holds the 2 x 4 in place.

111jhoy.jpg

Garage, garden shed, behind garden shed, under the stairs in basement and the attic are where I store mine. Used to rent a storage unit but downsized the collection to rid myself of that bill.

This is the wife's side of the garage where she parks car. There's this many or more scattered around elsewhere.
P1020173.JPG

The "Greenhouse" (well it used to be one).

image2510.jpg

"Old Iron" in the Greenhouse

image2508.jpg

Some good ones in my shed. Very proud of the shed, I built every stick of it from ground up. 8)
Other good ones in the garage. (not pictured)

image2509.jpg

The "Junk Pile" trailer keeps them up off the ground.

image2507.jpg

don't ask nwt76 about the "junk pile"..... he's more than partially responsible for it! :D :oops:

Wow, the bug bites hard!! I have 7 in my spare room, my 2 current show pieces in my den next to the kitchen table (contrary to the wifes better interest's) about 6 in my garage, thats all I can fit in there because of my dirtbike, atv and a couple of large tool boxes, then the rest go in the back shop, around 15 or so. None sleep in the yard. 8)

:lol: h'bout now that it is winter? anyone added on? switched gears so to speak?

jackdaw said:
I would love to get a storage container. I'd fill it up in no time. I'm also thinking of building a 20 bike shed on the side of my garage, but then I'd have to move my primary junk pile. :? So there are 83 bikes here and there, not all pictured here.

Howdostorebikes.jpg
howdoyoustorebikes4.jpg

Howdoyoustorebikes2.jpg
howdoyoustorebikes3.jpg
looks like you took a pic of my back yard right now lol. I need 2 or 3 good warm days to knock down the population on my back yard. before the wife call the hoarder show on me.

I just put mine any and everywhere there is a place except in the house. The ones I don't want my wife to know I have are hidden in one of my sheds! (she never goes out there) :lol: :mrgreen:

I hate all of you. I store them, broken down and packed in bike boxes, stacked like cord wood...

Latest posts

Back