New Guy From Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I just bought my first chopper and thought I would join in on all the fun. I use to bike all the time then I was injured at work and have not ridden much since. I have now moved to Florida from Michigan and since the weather is so nice here I thought I might try some biking here. I bought a Ghostrider the other day and ordered some accessories from Electra to dress it up a bit. That's about it for now, I look forward to looking at and talking about all the RatRods everyone has. Thanks Wolfman

welcome to the funn.. originaly from Michigan my self now relocated to the sunshine state well its been about 12 years now :mrgreen:
cant wait to see the ride you picked up...

Welcome. The weather is really good for riding, above the average temps for Feb. I'm heading out again in a few minutes, to hanna park.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Some of you have been wanting some pics of my bike so here is one.
97b583377949b740d7ab61a5e0125b81_zps97f00c48.jpg
. I can't seem to get the pics centered for some reason it keeps cutting off the front a bit, and I can't seem to get a avatar pic small enough to post. All I have is a iPad and I have a app to reduce the size but it won't reduce it small enough. I will keep working on it if you have any suggestions I would appreciate them. I am from Fleming Island just outside Jacksonville, anyone close by. Thanks

RatSphinx said:
Your picture goes full size if you left click on it.

Thanks, no how do I resize a pic small enough to use as my avatar using my iPad. The smallest I can go is 100x100 and that's to big. Even the pre made avatars are over size for this forum, I can't find any that are 80x80.

Wolfman said:
RatSphinx said:
Your picture goes full size if you left click on it.

Thanks, no how do I resize a pic small enough to use as my avatar using my iPad. The smallest I can go is 100x100 and that's to big. Even the pre made avatars are over size for this forum, I can't find any that are 80x80.
Use a picture editing site.

Welcome, Wolfman. I'm just up the road in Callahan. Lots of good rides around North Florida. I host a ride on Thur. Nites called River City "HEY" Ride. We cruise around downtown & riverside in Jacksonville and then hang out at Burrito Gallery. Haven't updated the page in a while but you can check us out on facebook. River City "HEY" Ride. There is a Wed nite ride in Fleming Island that I've been meaning to check out. Also there is a ride that leaves from Riverside Art Market (R.A.M. Ride) on Sat mornings. I think around 9am. Hope to see you around soon.

danthrift71 said:
Welcome, Wolfman. I'm just up the road in Callahan. Lots of good rides around North Florida. I host a ride on Thur. Nites called River City "HEY" Ride. We cruise around downtown & riverside in Jacksonville and then hang out at Burrito Gallery. Haven't updated the page in a while but you can check us out on facebook. River City "HEY" Ride. There is a Wed nite ride in Fleming Island that I've been meaning to check out. Also there is a ride that leaves from Riverside Art Market (R.A.M. Ride) on Sat mornings. I think around 9am. Hope to see you around soon.

Unfortunate I did not get a bike carrier yet, I had to remove and adjust to many things on my bike when I took it home so until I can find a good bike carrier I can only ride on rides that are very close by. I have not been on a bike in a long time and it might take a while to be able to ride any great distances. I will check the rides out when I get my bike carrier I hope it's soon. Thanks

My daughter and I were thinking about riding the bike path along Fleming Island the other day.

Wildcat said:
My daughter and I were thinking about riding the bike path along Fleming Island the other day.

The bike path runs right by my apartment in fact I am heading out in a few minutes to go for a ride. I live just south of East West Parkway. Maybe I will see you sometime just look for my Ghostrider and a big guy riding it. Lol

OK! It's the middle of winter and it's still near 70 outside.

The only other good paths are the Baldwin Rail trail, and the new 3 mile path along Big Talbot Island.

The weather is great I can't imagin being in Michigan now I sure like just walking out of my apartment in shorts and jumping on my bike and then on to a nice bike path. I did a lot of riding in Michigan before my injury but its nothing like here. The roads here are so smooth even the bad roads are better than the roads in Michigan. Tomorrow I will head south on the bike path and see what the end looks like, I think its about 2 miles to the end from my place.

A weekend ride in Fleming Island could be fun. Hit me up if you guys wanna ride for a while and then hang out on the patio at Mellow Mushroom. Some of my old school BMX may wanna ride too.

I would not mind doing a ride here depending on how far you guys usually ride. It's been a long time since I rode to far and I only just got this bike a few days ago. I don't work anymore so I am free most of the time. Let me know if and when you want to ride just pick a dry day my bike does not like rain.

Latest posts

Back