Detroit's Belle Isle FreakBike Nation Ride and Picnic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The FreakBike Nation - Great Lakes Chapter will once again hold it's seasoner opener "Ride The Isle, Ring The Belle" Ride and Pic-a-nic. This is open to anyone who just wants to ride around and enjoy a slow paced day. FreakBikes of all styles are appreciated but all bikes are welcome. Even if you don't have a bike stop by and say Hi!

Detroit's Belle Isle
Starts around 10:00 a.m.
Riding and bull sessions throughout the day.
Got a new bike comp idea for yous guys. Even a Trophy or two! Be brave! Bring a paper or plastic bag to bring up your cookies in!

Around 4:00 p.m. we get voted off the island and head home or to Ann Arbor to camp out for Sunday's Ann arbor Bike Show and Swap Meet.

So to some it up .....

We meet at Belle Isle in Detroit
Saturday, April 27, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Pot Luck picnic .... bring a dish to pass or something to stuff in our mouth holes.
Lots of riding, yelling, waving and smiling!
New bike contest, trophy, fame and fortune cookies .... maybe?.
We head out at 4:00 p.m. for our next destination .....

Hope to see you guys there!

This sounds awesome. I see no reason why I won't be there. My girlfriend and I decided we'd bring the bikes down to Belle Isle this year and what better excuse?!

J, definitely come and hang out with us! I know of a few new freakbikes that should be there. Most of the guys willl let you try out their bikes. Always a good time!
Chainsaw

Sometimes ......
it aint the bikes who are the FREAKS. You'll fit in fine. :D
Plus we love trying to persuade you "vinnies" to cut up those precious steeds! :shock:
Hoping to see you there!
Chainsaw.

Oh hey, we'll be at the last sheltered picnic area before either going back around the isle or heading back onto the bridge. Just look for crazy bikes and pirate flags! :wink:

Will this be happening again? I'm slating it in the weekend du bicykle this year. Unless it's not happening.. then I probably won't be there.

Last year it was 65°f and sunny. I can only hope it'll be that nice this year.

The day before the saline/ann arbor show. Usually ride/barbecue/hang out for the midday there, then most take off to Saline and set up early and stay the night there.

Not certain Chainsaw checks in here regularly, he and Giggles are pretty much snowed in it the great white north, butt…...Yup, It's happening. Saturday April 26. Chainsaw's directions above are pretty much correct, get on the island follow, around the outer drive (it's one way), the last shelter before you have to decide whether to go back to Detroit or go around again.

Normal includes a picnic (we'll have a grill or two) bring a weinie or burger to grill and maybe something to share. Riding, BS, and friends all day.

Be prepared 'cause new this year, Belle Isle is officially Michigan's 102nd State Park. As such entry will be subject to the Michigan "Recreation Passport" (more info at http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10365_67024_67025---,00.html#1) a simple and relatively painless way to support our state park system.

Looking forward to Freaking the Isle with a bunch of folks…

Gizmo

Is this the area you are talking about?
evy3aqyg.jpg

I got a few at home on the computer. If I remember I'll post some up.

Some from over the last few years^^^

Choice? What choice? Bring'em all:dance2:
Gizmo

Latest posts

Back