Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCR said:
Got some decals on the way to monster truck it up some but I need to have the actual BIGFOOT decals made up still.

You need to get some 2x2x2 decals made up. Use those instead of the 4x4x4. 2 wheels, 2 pedals, 2 legs :lol:

WillisFL said:
CCR said:
Got some decals on the way to monster truck it up some but I need to have the actual BIGFOOT decals made up still.

You need to get some 2x2x2 decals made up. Use those instead of the 4x4x4. 2 wheels, 2 pedals, 2 legs :lol:

Or 2 tons, 2 MPH, 2 tired to think of more. :lol:

Headset installed* & bb, note the rubber gasket on the bb-

Such a big difference in action from the stock parts. I'll reassemble tonight after work.

* you will need an extra spacer for the headset to work as it changed the stack height.

IMAG0231_zpsec015f63.jpg

IMAG0232_zps7f4d479a.jpg

I like the way you have it set up MTB style - looks a lot less cramped than stock with that setback seatpost, longer reach MTB stem and riser bars.

How much does it weigh now with the lighter tires, cranks, and other alloy parts?

100 mm x 15 degree rise stem & 400 mm kalloy seatpost. Comfy for a 6' guy.
Still probably 40 lbs.

branded:
IMAG0245_zps40a2aac5.jpg

IMAG0251_zps97c6ad99.jpg

Saddle is just a take off I got from the LBS a while back, pretty simple standard cheap MTB/Road sadle.

Love the photo of the two clown bikes.

Bill in Houston said:
what's the OD on these tires vs on a 29er? anyone here have both types of bike?

I don't have a measurement, but these are taller than my 29er tires. This is the Beast beside my 29er, both bikes are leaning at the same angle.

3E5F02CD-7429-4C96-80C3-DB0A9BF33893-16368-00000B2BC62D6ABA.jpg

Just wanted to sign in and thank everyone who has been posting about their walgoose experience. After reading some of the early posts I ordered one just in time for snow. Anything with a bearing it got greased, and I put a 20t cog on the back (LBS actually). In the snow it could have used a 22, and the 18 was fine for flat cruising but a bit stiff to pedal off the beaten path.

I have been enjoying my new toy and look forward to making some more customization. I have a small boat shop with a pirate logo so I'm headed in that direction with the bike.

It will not replace my Torker Gaduate for commuting or my Fargo for touring, but it will share weekend cruising duties with my 2010 Felt New Belgium Brewery cruiser.

Enough about me for now, one more thanks and a pic.

Latest posts

Back