How NOT to Carry A Bicycle U-Lock

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definitely something my younger brother would do but years ago. as in the time he tied a cinder block to our other brothers legs and threw him the deep end of the pool. he doesn't think things through. (youngest brother was ok) CTAC

Cutting it with friction is not as bad as it looks. I could have cut that off with a whizzer wheel in short time. You can easily cover yourself from sparks. I used to show my students that the sparks that come from a grinder or such are not as scary as they seem. Yes dangerous sure, but it's not as bad as the unknowing think. You can hold your hand several inches away from grinding sparks and they just feel like someone is throwing sand at you. Near your face isn't the best place to have them :lol: , so covering yourself up is indeed the thing to do. But cutting off would have been my first choice, not trying to break it with a bolt cutter. So the question that is begged here is . . . where was the key??

Not to argue but the better question, "WHY ON EARTH DID YOU DO THAT!!!" is what my Mom would have said, sounds real close to what I say to my kids alot.....

So if it was broke off why didn't they use a screwdriver to turn the cylinder? I was laughing at the idiocy of locking that on your neck then not having the knowledge of how to remove it and being at the mercy of others in something you chose to do. And the extreme it went to. To funny.

Latest posts

Back