How To Build An Adult Friendly OC Stingray Chopper *New Pic*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 6 foot 300 pounds, and wanted a cool cruiser bike to ride up and down the winding country road that I live on. It also has a few small hills. When i ride a regular cruiser bike, "It feels like I'm pedaling behind me". Very uncomfortable, as I grew up on banana seat bkes. A 1969 Buzz Bike and, all 3 Yamaha Moto-Bike year models.

I also have a posts where I made a Moto-Bike and a Jesse James somewhat adult friendly.
At least I can ride them to some of my neighbors houses. But, I digress..

The key to making an OC Chopper adult rideble is not the Handlebars, It's the Sissy Bar.

Use a 36" Sissy Bar and, "Turn It Around BACKWARDS"

Mount it on the lower frame hole, that's in front of the axle. At it's lowest point.

And, adjust the 3 upper holes to your liking. Hint: the lower the better.

That's It, You're Done.. Now, You can recline on the Sissy Bar for more leverage.

Rubber pedals will give you more traction. And, a 26" up front is much better.

"Hope this fixes everyones dilemma" I ride mine about 5 miles a day.

With, No knees in the elbows or handlebars. It's not much to look at but, "I Love It!"

Tip: The banana seat post clamp can be turned around to your liking. "It makes a big difference"

Last edited:
Re: *How To Build An Adult Friendly OC Stingray Chopper*

Nicely done. It's also very cool that you used a Schwinn nanner seat. The two-sixer front wheel looks right at home. I agree that the OCC chopper can be made comfy for an adult without cutting and welding.

wheelbender6 said:
Nicely done. It's also very cool that you used a Schwinn nanner seat. The two-sixer front wheel looks right at home. I agree that the OCC chopper can be made comfy for an adult without cutting and welding.

Thanks glad you agree,

A Sissybar on an OCC is too far back, if not turned around Backwards.

Mine's straight up & down, not tilted back and useless. I recline on it and pedal like a MadMan !!!

Also, the lower the seat is the closer you are to the pedals.

If the seats mounted high, you must to sit near the front to reach them.

"Kinda lost on the seat", with knees to your elbows & handlebars.

I mounted it 100 different ways, and this is the right way..

"Using Similar Parts"

DesignIt said:
Awsome! The best part is "5 miles a day". That's over 1800 miles per year. :D

Sometimes it feels like 1800 a day! LoL! It's still not your average bicycle but, it does ride better.

"I wish one of the members would try it and give me some feedback"

I did the same thing on my chopper, but i used i curved seat pipe, and a shorter sissy bar.

You are right, it gives you a much better riding position than the original seat, specially if you have ape hangers.

Cheers, keep up the good work, btw. love the WCC´s fork.

I had one years ago when they were new, limited edition red with black rims and spider webbed bars. Did the same with a banana and tall sissy bar. Loved it. Shouldn't have sold it for hot rod money.

The Seat is from a 2007 Black Friday Stingray, The 36" Sissy Bar from eBay and, the Handlebars came from another OCC. I have since installed a 20' Wheel up front, with a 3.0 Kenda Flame Tire. It rides much better now than it ever did before... "Feels like a Motorcycle"

Last edited:
Or, you can cut a piece of pipe & put a bolt thru it.

I did it until I found the correct post that I needed.

My Stingray rode better with the 26" wheel...

But, it rides much better with a 20 X 3.0 Kenda.

Latest posts

Back