Starbird-Devlin Bicycle Show 2014 Ideas and Help???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are at the start of getting everything together for the Starbird-Devlin Bicycle Show in Wichita KS. and am wanting ideas for January's show. This is the second year for me doing this for the charity and got a lot of good feed back last year. I am thinking the classes this year be:

Best of Show
Custom
Junior(16 and under) boys and girls class
Ladies
Schwinn
Chopper
Tandem
Low rider
Best paint
Muscle Bike
Skip tooth
Best Patina
All original

Also it is all donation for charity meaning I am doing all the leg work, getting trophies ready, sponsors and set up. I would appreciate if anyone would like to donate their time to help out in any way. Please let me know what you think or would like to see!?!

Once I get all the ideas together I will give a link to the registration forms and all the dates and times. We go to the bike fest every year and plan on being there Sunday. I am hoping to get good feedback and ideas from everybody there too. I know in the past it seems the judging has been an issue. All I know about the judging is they are volunteers for the show from out of state. I don't even know them. But if anybody would like to volunteer to help with the show you can do it by calling Tim Devlin 316-265-2088 of go to the Starbird-Devlin web site at http://www.starbirddevlin.com to get the info. It seems people would like 2nd and 3rd place as well. I know model cars do that with ribbons, but there again, they do that because they are donated by one of the model car guys. Tom Sawyer Bicycle sponsors all the big trophies and if anybody knows anybody that could help with other prizes, even giveaways I think it could make it a lot better. We are doing all we can to try to make it better every year and any ideas can help! Also, I think it is for a good cause.

I think the extra classes is a great idea. Also like Ndaway said come out to the Bike Fest on sunday pretty much everyone that was at the show this year will be there to give some ideas.

Thanks guys! We are trying to get flyers ready to give out on Sunday as well. We are also looking to try to do raffles and giveaways for the show. See you Sunday!

Need to add a Rat Rod category. Bikes should be rideable. The bike display has been a great addition to the car and vintage motorcycle show the last couple of years. Appreciate the opportunity to participate.

Got a lot of ideas at the Midwest Bike Fest Sunday! Should be a lot of fun this year. When we get the registration forms up on the website and a final on all the classes I will let everybody know.

Latest posts

Back