New start.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the kind words!!!!!

Think I need a few nights sleep on what to do with the bike. On one side I'm realy thinking about rebuilding as it was but on the other hand that is history..... Don't know yet. Once I'm back in the workshop I will let it go with the flow and see what will come out.

The new name will be: Namaste

I know, its a strange name for a cat (and a bike, lol) but one of the meanings from Hindi is "your soul and my soul are one". Seams kinda perfect as a remembering tribute, doesn't it?

basman33 said:
Thank you all for the kind words!!!!!

Think I need a few nights sleep on what to do with the bike. On one side I'm realy thinking about rebuilding as it was but on the other hand that is history..... Don't know yet. Once I'm back in the workshop I will let it go with the flow and see what will come out.

The new name will be: Namaste

I know, its a strange name for a cat (and a bike, lol) but one of the meanings from Hindi is "your soul and my soul are one". Seams kinda perfect as a remembering tribute, doesn't it?

Perfect
Just Perfect

I am very sorry, just glad everyone is ok. That was an awesome bike, but it still can be! I say rise above the flame and give it new life.

Yep that name fits and has some genuine meaning. If you hadn't had one chosen, I was gonna suggest "Phoenix Rising", seems pretty appropriate too.

Lefty

Hi Guys, i am collecting parts at the moment. When looking for nice tires I came across this picture:

8e0a457f.jpg

Matching grips and pedals! Anybody nows where to get those?????

Thanks.....................

the tires should be grand tycoons(your lbs might be able to get them) pedals are torrington 10s(dont know if theyre repops or not)you can get them on ebay or memory lane might have some more stashed away.....just be aware those pedals are real pricey!
heres the tires.......
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brick-Red-Grand-Tyc ... dZViewItem
and the pedals.......
http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Ladies-Torringt ... m153.l1262
btw he normally has the red block torrington 10s(repop) for sale (i think around $80 or $90)

I second the, rename it after the cat. Plus the story behind the bike. You have to go with , flames, reserection, fire something in that line. I work in a hospital. We do skin grafts on burn victims. There is a certain pattern to the skin because of how it's expanded. Just maybe, that could be an incorporation somehow. The term for skin that has turned black from burns is called eschar. Just my 2 cents.

Do you need any help with anything? I have been through a burn down. It realy stinks. Did you lose everything? Clothes, tools, dishes, furniture, etc.

sorry man for your loss. never had to go thru that . i just say built it an name it after your cat. i did that 2 yrs ago after a car pulled out in front om my wife an me and destroyed the whole front end of our harly. i rebuilt it but better then it was and renamed it after the loss of our cat that we had for 15yrs.

not to change the subject but i am looking for a pair of those grips, anyone know where i can get em?

thanks

Outlaw

yo bas,

I'm really sorry for your loss and I wish you and your family all the best.

I've been looking at your designs for a long time now and I really like your style. The Basman is a top seller in europe as we speak and the Pleine Lune hit me like lightning when I first saw it. I really dig it. I'm glad you resurrected it and I'm sure the 'new' Pleine Lune will be even better than the original one.
As you may know - I did several frame designs for PG last year - even a board track racer style frame. I just dig that old school style. Do you think there's a way to get a copy of your frame? I really like my design (of course ;) ) but I'd love to have one of yours - that'd be a great honour.

Cheers!
Sebastian

basman33 said:
Hi Guys, i am collecting parts at the moment. When looking for nice tires I came across this picture:

8e0a457f.jpg

Matching grips and pedals! Anybody nows where to get those?????

Thanks.....................
If you are still looking for these tires, they are Schwinn red brick 24X3s found on their Aerosport http://www.schwinnbike.com/products/bik ... php?id=787. This picture is from the Detroit Autorama and in the background you can see Giggles' Lil Pixie and my Firebike. This bike is a really good looking bike and I had not seen these tires before seeing them here...Kelly

Im so sorry man, :cry: Sorry you lost your cat, You can have mine.. Hes 16 and mean as heck. I love him though. I think were gonna have to put him down. GLAD YOU GOT THE BIKE FIXED :!: Shes looking bad to the bone man.

Hi guys,

It took a while but here it is!!!! I finished the bike last week.... just in time for the FBI in Amsterdam. The paint is the so called "Hammerite".
The wheels come of a Felt and the shifter is (again) a Centrix.

namaste-1.JPG

Latest posts

Back