Old Wearwell Cycle Co. build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We beautiful love the details for brake mounts.

Awesome build!!!
I can't believe how freak'n cool that badge came out...
I'm guessing there's a little more effort in that than you lead on? I think I would have gone black, just to have that thing just pop out at you...

I have a 1930s? butcher delivery bike that I believe is a Wearwell. I have plans to do a similar treatment to it. New wheels with SA drum brake hubs front & rear, multi speed hub, new seat, repaint but in a not so suttle color theme (british flag pattern). Wicker basket custom made to fit.

IMG_0040.jpg

that bike is a beaut. Well done. Can't wait to get going on my skinny tire build.

I have a 1930s? butcher delivery bike that I believe is a Wearwell. I have plans to do a similar treatment to it. New wheels with SA drum brake hubs front & rear, multi speed hub, new seat, repaint but in a not so suttle color theme (british flag pattern). Wicker basket custom made to fit.

IMG_0040.jpg

Looking forward to how it turns out.

Just added a Velo Orange rack to the bike. It was a bit fiddly to install. I used the 650 mounting hole even though I have a 700 tyre, and reduced the height of the mounting bosses that fit over the mudguard. I then had to use button head hex bolts to gain clearance for the tyre and a few other tricks to get it to fit just right.

13320386414_f881b7ac5b_o.jpg

Awesome build!!!
I can't believe how freak'n cool that badge came out...
I'm guessing there's a little more effort in that than you lead on? I think I would have gone black, just to have that thing just pop out at you...

No, the lemon juice and salt do almost all the work, and a quick buff is all it takes.

Beautiful bike. I would ride it all day. I've always liked this type of bike. One of my Holy Grails is a mint condition Peugeot UE-8.
img56663835.jpg

Looks really good...My only going-forward suggestion would be to use older
hubs..... Both the modern sturmey drum front and the two speed kickback
(automatic) rear hubs have earlier counterparts (sa,bendix & sachs) which
are relatively reliable, far more pretty in terms of finish, and possibly would have increased the uniqueness of this very fine ride that you have put together.
Performance would have been close as well.....
Thumbs up!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really digging this bike. Nice well thought out selection of parts. How do you like that spaniga light?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Very nice!

Latest posts

Back