Look what I just bought...*MORE PICS*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing special, just the same model of bike I had when I was a kid.
I need ideas for making it cool, colour schemes mostly, cause I´m planing to spend less than 25 bucks on this one

bicicleta-bmx-rodado-20-de-las-buenas-lista-para-andar-12624-MLU20063861922_032014-F.jpg

I know I have pedals, grips and a seat somewhere in my parts pile, but I love to see what you guys think, so don't be shy!!! ;)

Do you have any specific ideas in what you want it to look like.? Whats the name of the maker on the frame.? You can somewhat build it to stock look.. Good luck with the build and great start..

Thanks for the reply Araya!
The bike is local, made in the 80's by "Graziela", Mom an Dad bought me one of these when I was 7 or somthing (33 now :eek:)
If it holds my current size I'll keep it for a while, if it doesn't I'll flip it.

As most parts are there, my plan is just to give it a nice wash and some paint. Flat black, satin black and maybe some white. As close as this as I can get without spending much (just for looks I know is a different thing)
e00073c5bfbe14a9e294186370bbfd67.jpg

I'll pic it up today after work! ;)

Thats a nice look rite there.. Funny thing is that I'm building something just like that black & white bike but mine is black & red.. I will post a picture of it later for you to look at..

Nothing wrong with sentiment when it comes to replacing your childhood bike. (Un)fortunately my bike in 1969 was an Iverson Mini Indie and I don't have an extra 5g to spend on a bike right now. :crazy:

I hear you brother, that's why I jumped on this one, bought it under 25 bucks.
Can't wait to go pick it up!

Araya: your bike is beautiful. love the rear brake placement and the bars. I'll see if I can get one like it for cheap. Colour combo is great too.

Deorman: The other colour I considered was maroon, but I already have black in stock so...

Bikejunkie: Rear dropouts...
2014-04-06%252018.26.03.jpg

2014-04-06%252018.27.16.jpg

I have all next week off, so I'll get her done in a day or two. Bike is now clean, without decals and she's very solid, and nice to ride as is. So after some refreshing and paint she should end up looking pretty nice.
Oh, almost forgot, I found a nice pair of aluminum pedals yesterday at my folk's garage, so the yellow ones are off.

Oh, sorry for the bad pic, I´ll pull the camera on this one as soon as I return from work.

Finally I decided to go flat olive drab on the frame, had a can laying around and I decided, why not?
It has a brand new seat, new aluminum pedals, new cranks, new grips... I need new brake pads and call it done.

Latest posts

Back