Over grown tricycle.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you ever considered building an over grown tricycle? I don't mean a trike as in a chain driven bike with two wheels in the back. I mean a TRICYCLE . A big version of

upe4e2ev.jpg

Use the 36" wheel from a Coker unicycle or Wheelman

uguzazas.jpg

And put on a big fat seat

quze7uge.jpg

That big 36" up front and a couple 20" in the back. I think it would be a hoot.

I had a couple friends contemplating something like that. They never did anything though, seems like the outcome of most "brilliant" ideas! -Adam

That's more like the Pennyfarthing than I was thinking but that would work. What I was thinking about was more like an exact scale version of a kids tricycle. That looks like a huge kids tricycle from 100 years ago.

Kreep, THAT'S what I'm talking about. I want to do that with a bigger wheel though. That 36" wheel with 170mm cranks.

When I was 3 or 4, I had a tricycle/wagon combo. Your tricycle reminds me of that.

Ive been toying with the idea of a big kid big wheel. Specially after seeing a Huffy Green machine with the perfect front wheel as a donor.

Yeah, not a great video, and they probably won't make one as it's described as hard to ride safely at that height. I would mount the seat a little lower and widen the rear width to get a little more stability. They are selling the Wheelman again finally, but what a pricetag!

Latest posts

Back