Fat cruiser build with Car tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it painted. the color actually came out better than it looked in the can. Still not exactly what I was going for but it still looks 50s ish so im happy with it. Once I figured out the paint needed to be thinned out to about 3/4s laquer thinner it sprayed fine. I never sprayed laquer so it was a steep learning curve. I lightly wet sanded it then sprayed some clear on it and it looks good. now iv got to figure out how i want to do the white accents and get that painted before i can put it back together

I did some painting on the frame . I used the same gray color as the wheels so it matches . Iv got an idea of what i want to do on the chainguard im not sure about the fenders yet. also notice the diamond painted on the seat post. I have a raligh badge and I liked it because of its complexity and the red looked good but I ended up with the schwinn badge I thought it suited the bike better and it looks good. If nothing else itll make the bike worth more lol

Its all done. I might add an S in the V on the chain guard but other than that its all done and works good. Yea its a workout but what bike isnt. Like they say it never gets any easier you just go faster
laugh.gif
Anyway im real happy with it. On to the next project
thumbsup.gif

thanks guys! the bike is holding up fine. the only thing I want to do is change the chain. the one on it isnt designed to be used with a derailer so the shifting is real touchy and just generally doesnt shift real well. But other than that lots of fun. I still hanvnt made a video but I will eventually

jaybllok Its definatly and older one for more clunky chain i think its only like a 5 speed. but the chain i think it isnt even really bicycle chain i may have gotten it from an old garage door opener. it works great on single speed bikes just not quite smooth enough to get the job done here. I have plenty of other chain around just need to get it done

Latest posts

Back