Hello from Houston, TX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello All,

I've been reading this forum for a while but this is my first post. Really into rat rod bikes. I buy, refurbish and sell vintage single and 3 Speed bikes to fund this hobby of mine. My current ride was built on an old Skool Dyno frame. Has 3 speeds with suicide shifter and medium ape hangers. I recently bought a mid '60s Sears Spaceliner which has some really cool lines to it. I'd like to keep the frame, handle bars and seat, change out the rest with a 20 year old Huffy Cruiser which I got really cheap and has new tires and brakes. I know the tires and brakes will fit, but what about the crank? I am shooting for an old Skool look with modern components. Any thoughts?

com/user/FreddyRat/media/imagejpg1_zpsc4a1b652.jpg.html]
imagejpg1_zpsc4a1b652.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out how to paste pictures from Photobucket. Anyway, the preceding post has a picture of my Dyno Cruiser.

Hello All,

I've been reading this forum for a while but this is my first post. Really into rat rod bikes. I buy, refurbish and sell vintage single and 3 Speed bikes to fund this hobby of mine. My current ride was built on an old Skool Dyno frame. Has 3 speeds with suicide shifter and medium ape hangers. I recently bought a mid '60s Sears Spaceliner which has some really cool lines to it. I'd like to keep the frame, handle bars and seat, change out the rest with a 20 year old Huffy Cruiser which I got really cheap and has new tires and brakes. I know the tires and brakes will fit, but what about the crank? I am shooting for an old Skool look with modern components. Any thoughts?

com/user/FreddyRat/media/imagejpg1_zpsc4a1b652.jpg.html]
imagejpg1_zpsc4a1b652.jpg
[/URL]
That dyno belonged to my buddy Andy I put that shifter on that bike.

Yup, buying it from Andy gave me the bug. I just painted it and put a Pletscher rat trap rack on it. I will be posting some pictures of the spaceliner bike I bought and the huffy 3 speed that I will be stripping for parts. This will be my first real build. Can't wait. I have flipped a couple of other bikes with minor repairs, paint, etc. but this will be my first ground up one. This forum is really cool and I have some definitely ideas for it

Andy is a cool and talented guy. He was working on a real sic one speed coaster when I bought this bike from him.

PS : Nice job on the shifter!

Welcome FreddyS, I think I met you when you bought that Pletscher rat trap rack from me at the swap meet in May...John

Hey John, good to know you. I bought the rat trap rack on EBay. The Frankenbike swap meet in July is the first one I have been to but I hope to attend more. I'm gonna try and flip a couple of bikes I have been working on at the next one.

Latest posts

Back