BAJA DIRT BUG

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
moonmini1.jpg

moonmini2.jpg

Yeah...it would probably fit in that space behind the neck tube.

I ordered one of the Pro Mod Jackshaft kits last night for this thing to help haul my rear around. Right now it's underpowered, but if I throw a 6.5 on there, it would be scary fast and my kids and wife wouldn't be able to take it for a spin.

From everything I've read, the jackshaft really makes a big difference.

http://www.shop.hotrodminibike.com/Jackshaft-Systems_c3.htm

My brother had a custom sprocket made for his cheap china motored 20" stingray, think he paid $30. What's the advantage of the jackshaft vs swapping the sprocket out?

My brother had a custom sprocket made for his cheap china motored 20" stingray, think he paid $30. What's the advantage of the jackshaft vs swapping the sprocket out?

Here's what the guy making them says...

I have heard you can find a larger rear sprocket blank and drill the bolt pattern to fit, But if you get the sprocket too large, it will dig into the ground when turning left and has clearance problems.

It just depends on how much you want to gear it down. We have found that a 8.86 to 1 ratio works great with the little 2.5hp eng and with that can offer some suprising performance with the stock engine.

Our Bolt on Jackshaft Kit will allow the engine to actualy rev out to a RPM where it can produce it's rated horsepower and also drasticaly improve clutch life. At 225lbs I can do 27mph on flat ground and climb hills the little bike would never of dreamed of with the stock gearing.

I want one of these... No problem with torque.
502728565_59b481a006_z.jpg

Yes that is an old Cushman scooter thrown in a blender with a Sportster and a cup of awesome!

I wonder how much you could play with the "gearing" just by playing with the tire size :D

Probably not enough. These tires I put on here were supposedly the biggest that would fit without getting in the way of stuff.

The guys that make the jackshaft claim that they offer low cost gears that you can swap out to play with the gearing if you want to.

Right now the poor little stock engine is underpowered with me on it and vibrates so bad your teeth just about fall out...chug chug chug chug!

Here's a side by side test they set up...

Mini bikes are fun. I have a couple of them. If you put the 6.5 hp motor on it don't let a kid drive it, lol. I picked this one up a while ago for $50 with a brand new clone 6.5 motor. The guy could never figure out the throttle, within 15 minutes of messing with it I had it running awesome. It's old and I've been slowly fixing all the damage that was done to it. It'll go about 45 mph, but it's the scariest 45 you'll ever do. Short wheelbase, tiny tires, and no suspension make for an interesting ride. It has enough power that if you throttle it from standing still it'll go over backwards. I let one of my sister in laws ride it and she flipped it over. All that being said it is about the most fun I've had for $50, just be careful who you let ride it.

The picture is kind of old. I cut off the old handlebars because they had been welded like a hundred times. I'm in the process of building a new fork for it. If you do put on the 6.5 hp motor I'd suggest a clutch brake too because that little drum in the back just isn't enough.

This found its way into my garage this week. Traded that Sears muscle bike for it.

I'm keeping the 5.5hp OHV engine and Uncle Stretch may be getting the rest of it. :)

pehe6ave.jpg

That would be killer stretched. HINT HINT!!!

Maybe dual engines like that other guy here that made the "Double Whammy" mini bike dragster.

db4.jpg

Or if you wanna get really crazy...
Mini-Bike-Specs.jpg

Latest posts

Back