1977 Peugeot...Cheap.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't laugh too hard.
HPIM1351.JPG

But it's mechanical components are amazingly sound, not much wear on the chainrings and the bottom bracket is smooth.

This bike was right under the pro racer in Peugeot's 1977 bike lineup. (Hard to believe, eh?);)
The remains of a Reynolds 531 tubing sticker:
HPIM1344.JPG

After removing some of the "modifications".
HPIM1362.JPG

It's got potential, I guess.
smile.gif

Are you planning to stay with the drop bars or change them to something else?

Actually, I was debating whether to keep it original or build it more to my liking. 7 speed Suntour drivetrain, New burgundy paint, Ideale saddle, Newbaums bar wrap, new decal set, hammered fenders and more upright bars- it would be less work to restore it, actually, but I'm thinking it's a keeper, not a flipper.

I was curious because I think it would look good with some riser bars.
RISER BARS?! Who needs riser bars, when the thing's already equipped with "bum bars"? :21:

JimMendel, nice score... I like the bike a lot.... I'd change as little as possible, if I were you. Just clean and lube everything that works, only replace what doesn't work, and even then, only if you can find a suitable replacement. With a little TLC, that'll be a great vintage roadie...

JimMendel, nice score... I like the bike a lot.... I'd change as little as possible, if I were you. Just clean and lube everything that works, only replace what doesn't work, and even then, only if you can find a suitable replacement. With a little TLC, that'll be a great vintage roadie...

Ya, I'm going with a restoration, but with an original color repaint and decal set. Just like when it was new, minus the reflectors and the broken front derailleur, but I've got another French one in the parts drawer. I also might dump the gigantic chrome dork disc. :cool2:

The frame was refinished in it's OE color, the components were reconditioned and found some decals to restore the frame.
The combination of this:
1D493_AS01.JPG

and this:
071915233098lg.jpg

Made a durable paint job.
You might try it on your project.
Bike looks like this now:
HPIM1384.JPG

Last edited:
Cool find. I just flipped a similar age Peugeot 10 Speed.
WP_20140831_16_32_36_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back