Elgin Twinbar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVE THOSE TWIN-BARS! I was also fortunate to get my hands on one that was sitting against the backside of an old barn for the past fifty some years. Better yet, the old man that had it was the original buyer and he raced it in his youth. "Trader Jack" Maxwell, of Anderson, In. It is the one pictured to the left. I regret putting the original red paint n it now. It had a beautiful natural rust patina. Luckily I photographed it after getting it to roll and ride....still in its natural state. Really appreciate the before pictures more than ever now. Best of luck with it! Springer will look good...When found and purchased for $20.00 two years ago it was the frame, crank housing shroud, orig crank and sprocket, seat post, fork, neck and handlebars...with one grip. Also had the rear hub still in place with nothing but a few rusty spokes...no rim. The hub had his original racing 7-tooth (skip-tooth) drive on it. It was raced on a 1/2 mile dirt horse track here in my hometown in the late forties into the fifties. Interesting old man that had it.

would sell my soul for one of these frames.

I just signed up to RRBikes to research a bike I just picked up. My son and I are just getting started messing around with trading in vintage bikes and got a lot to learn. This was one of the first threads I clicked on and sure enough there is my bike. I can now figure out what is missing, but am also hoping to determine value for resale.

Wtfever dont you sell alot on ebay?

You have a set of hawtorne pedals I need. I just have to get my cashflow back up.

73f518b76b99c4a99e053777b3374843.jpg
8403e12d6ea4b489adfcae108bfca2c7.jpg

Cool!

Latest posts

Back