Skinny tire cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a mid weight cruiser and tossing around the idea of a skinny tire on the front. Still on the fence on it though. What are peoples thoughts on using light weight tires on cruisers? light weight fork mid weight fork?
Heres how it looks right now it will have a peaked rear fender and the chain guard.

If i was gonna run a lightweight/skinny front tire, i'd run a road fork so it didn't look too gappy up front. That being said, i'm a confirmed matched-tire-size guy, cycletrucks excepted....

If i was gonna run a lightweight/skinny front tire, i'd run a road fork so it didn't look too gappy up front. That being said, i'm a confirmed matched-tire-size guy, cycletrucks excepted....
I'm generally that way, but after my build off bike that kind of cured me of that, now Im more as long as the treads work well together Im ok with different sized tires. Im thinking maybe its just that Im not happy with the pearl white on the fork thats throwing me off. Im going to paint up a road bike fork and the fork in white and see which looks better. and possibly stick a 3 speed on it.

I have one that I built but it is opposite. It has a 26 x 2 on the front and a 26 x 1 on the back. I put a bigger fork on the front, but the frame is narrow, so skinny on the back. I use it at my deer camp for two track riding and going to the store or riding on the highway. Sort of a junk, does everything bike. It actually looks OK, in a weird sort of way.
Thanks for the Idea, I may actually do that with the bmx bike Im working on right now until I cant get a set of matching skinny bmx tires

Latest posts

Back