excelsior America bicycle help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a>
a>
20140915_172054_zps3bd532b1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140915_172054_zps3bd532b1.jpg
20140915_172036_zps838fb06d.jpg
Ive never seen an "America" and not "american" badged bicycle. Made in excelsior MI. Cant find any pics on the net either. Can anybody tell me more about it?

It looks like an early postwar Snyder built bike. I haven't seen that badge before either! It should have the year stamped in reverse, something like "64 EH" would be a 46. -Adam

Excelsior Michigan city was the maker, I believe they were bought by HP synder at some point, before this bike was made because this looks like synder built bike. I have done the some research on the excelsior Michigan city built bikes. I have a 20's frame. From the some of the stuff I read online. Excelsior Michigan city split from the company around the time Schwinn purchased excelsior. Excelsior Michigan City built was not the same as Schwinn excelsiors. Anyone feel free to correct me if any of my info is wrong. Hope some of this helps.

Helps! The person I got it from was trying to tell me it was a schwinn but I was sure it wasnt

Excelsior Michigan city was the maker, I believe they were bought by HP synder at some point, before this bike was made because this looks like synder built bike. I have done the some research on the excelsior Michigan city built bikes. I have a 20's frame. From the some of the stuff I read online. Excelsior Michigan city split from the company around the time Schwinn purchased excelsior. Excelsior Michigan City built was not the same as Schwinn excelsiors. Anyone feel free to correct me if any of my info is wrong. Hope some of this helps.
Definitely not a Schwinn so this info sounds plausible to me. Gary

There are enough similarities on it compared to this Snyder made Rollfast that make the case for it being Snyder built.

73074o.jpg

Latest posts

Back