Thick Bricks on a prewar frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   1
I have a 37 or so Huffman frame. Tried to put a set of ThickBricks mounted to 24" S-2 rims laced up with a N.D. skiptooth hub. The tire barley has enough clearance at the chain stays ( a couple more links of chain would give it even more room). However, the chain is slightly rubbing on the tire. Anyone know of a fix for this while keeping the ND skip hub?
Thanks for any help,
Johnny

You need to shim your chain ring and rear gear out a little. Easy to do on the chain ring, harder on the hub. Gary

Ok, I can figure out the front chainring. But how do you shim out the back? Looking at it, I would guess that it has to be done on the driver and cog. How do I remove the cog off the driver? If I can get it off, can I bump it out a little with a washer?
Thanks,
Johnny

Thanks for the advice. Gonna shim the front. I need to bend the left arm or get another crank for clearence @ the stays. Also might modify a rear cog ( cut and re-weld on an offset) just to see if it can be done.I have several laying around, so it dosen't matter if it dosen't work.
Johnny

Latest posts

Back