No name girls cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this girls cruiser in a pay it forward trade. One of my friends kids had seen a Dyno compe frame I had that he liked. Kept telling his parents and me he couldn't wait till it snowed so he could buy it from me. Knowing I'd probably just keep it hanging around until I finally got to it which if its like my performer my youngest will be out of school before I find all the correct parts for it. And I know he will build it up to ride which I think is great to see a young kid interested in building bikes. Seen this under their deck and told his parents I would trade them it for the dyno. He is going to be so surprised when he gets home and sees it.

What you did is really great. They get a nice frame to build a bike to ride and you ended up rescuing a unwanted bike as well.

That frame looks awfully 'Monark-y' to me.
Here's my wife's 24" frame during it's build up, similar stays and curves to the tubes near the front. Only difference is one less brace, due to it's smaller size.
IMG_20120801_214051.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That frame looks awfully 'Monark-y' to me.
Here's my wife's 24" frame during it's build up, similar stays and curves to the tubes near the front. Only difference is one less brace, due to it's smaller size.
IMG_20120801_214051.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It does look like the big sister to that one. The tubes coming off the seat tube do remind me of the Monark, I built a few years ago.

I agree, the frame and forks, and maybe the handlebar stem look older than everything else. The fenders don't fit just right so I think it was rebuilt some time ago. A serial number may help.

Latest posts

Back