2014 PHOTO CONTEST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the past I've tried to give a free calendar to the folks who's photos make it in.

I usually have to print these through CafePress. It keeps me from having to order a bunch of them up front and I don't have to ship them either. The flip side is that they end up making most of the money off of the sales. I can't remember how many I had to sell that one time in order to pay for 12 calendars and shipping to everyone, but it was quite a few and I barely broke even. By the time it was all said and done I swore I wouldn't do it again....ha ha! :21:

Last year several folks talked me into creating a 2014 calendar using the photos from the build off participants bikes and everyone agreed to pay for their own. Again...it was against my better judgement.

I think if I don't get much of a response in the next couple of days I'll probably can the idea.

Needing to keep life simple these days. :)

I'm in, just as soon as I decide which picture to submit. :)

I have been waiting for a foggy morning ever since the end of Build-off 9 to get a companion picture to go with my Build-off 8 bike. I finally woke to a good fog both today and three days ago and shot over 100 pictures combined from both days.
It's hard to believe, but out of all of the pictures of essentially the same shot, there are clearly good and bad ones to choose from. I'm a believer that you can't take too many shots, especially considering that I'm using a basic digital camera on auto focus.

Here's the one that I have chosen (at least for now).
1050-1413849879-6b06bf73f6ec1659afa8277d9534a7fb.jpg

Last edited:
Me too. But I've never won anything, however I still enjoy the contests. My bike was in last years calendar, so I'll buy at least one every year from now on regardless. I'd like to see the Pepperbox Special submitted for consideration, but it isn't my bike.

Last edited:
I love this photo, but I'm not sure it would work in a calendar.
WP_20140802_17_28_02_Pro2_zps24fe715e.jpg

I love this photo, but I'm not sure it would work in a calendar.
WP_20140802_17_28_02_Pro2_zps24fe715e.jpg
Try cropping it tighter to see how it looks. You'll loose some of the reflection, but the negative space to the left and right is the problem that I see.

I tried that and I'm just gonna stick with the rusty tin wall pic. It's my current wallpaper and it's a much crisper photo.
WP_20140803_14_25_24_Pro_zps97f47525.jpg

Here's another fog picture that I like. There are several front runners at this point but I'll probably stick with my initial submission for the contest.

1051-1413899459-c8c02ebde354027ed759ec281671baaa.jpg

You can't go wrong with either photo, but I actually like this one better. I think it shows off your bike better.

I have a Bike in mind in my collection but need to find the right back drop to make it work..
Think Think Think.!!!
I'll make it work so count me in..

How much did you spend on a fog machine? :p
I won't tell, but it was very expensive to get the industrial size. ;)

I learned from the build-off that you should spare no expense or even your own health for a good photo.

Latest posts

Back