girls rat rod bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more and that's not even all that I have... Got this frame from a swap meet in Monson Ma. It was just a hunk of metal rusty crap...I believe it was just the frame and fenders. $5 bucks and they basically laughed when I got it . I researched it and I believe it was a Schwinn Hollywood. After raiding my parts boxes and recovering an old seat some paint shes gorgeous and funky...or was intil I recently ran her into a metal pole at full speed and bent the fork and caved in the fender. But don't worry, I'm okay. Sort of.:headbang:
lN1baPd.jpg

This one I call Cupcake.
One more and that's not even all that I have...
lN1baPd.jpg

This one I call Cupcake.
:headbang:

It's nice to see some girls bikes being saved and customized. I hate how so many end up parted out but it's understandable to some extent as demand for them seems very low. Stashed in the back of one of my garages I have a late 40's or maybe 50's girls Columbia that is complete other than the front fender light. Even with a old repaint it's to nice for me to part out. Plan to clean it up and make it ride-able some day.

It's nice to see some girls bikes being saved and customized. I hate how so many end up parted out but it's understandable to some extent as demand for them seems very low. Stashed in the back of one of my garages I have a late 40's or maybe 50's girls Columbia that is complete other than the front fender light. Even with a old repaint it's to nice for me to part out. Plan to clean it up and make it ride-able some day.
I understand it though. A lot of the old girls bikes are in so much better shape. Wheels pretty good forks and rims not bent. You boys rode your bikes hard and pretty much wrecked them. Getting a guys frame and taking the parts off of lady bikes that have been treated with a lot less abuse makes sense. Ive started doing guys bikes cause they look so much cooler especially with the tanks. But yeah I run into the same problem. Plus I like a guys bike to be smaller for my personal use. If its too high just swinging your leg over it to get on or off I practically trip up and almost fall over bike and all :(

Man I dig em" Sharp ......I have been doing some for quite a while now...maybe three years or so.....very popular with cool accents like yours........keep em rollin"

I went to hang out with my ex-girlfriend and saw a bike I gave her when we were together. It just looked sad. Luckily, the bike had a set of KHS skirted fenders that I really wanted and haven't been able to find in 6 months of looking.

9e4e230e8721e0986dbd8b205a4e0e25.jpg
9bb3fdcd1d5d5e47534a7102563c8df8.jpg

She stopped riding the bike because it had a flat. I told her I would fix it. I also asked her if I could trade her fenders. She was all for it. We were still cool to each other so as a birthday surprise I rebuilt the bike into this:

4645ececc5a721bc1295678ce9209566.jpg
04105701deef1d430319c7cc9f7ceebf.jpg
9f3b0d8e196fb91ede5156cebaf0cd23.jpg

- by Gigmata

I wish they never named these "girls" frames. The step through frame makes a lot of sense. Maybe they aren't as strong as "boys" frames but these bikes certainly look sharp. Plus they are a little more friendly on the family jewels

Latest posts

Back