bike flip

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coming along nicely, good job on the fork braces and the candelabra treatment. Is that your finishing color or are you intending to do a different color? I was liking it when it was the grey frame with the bare metal fork. Oh yes, the quarter cut sections of sprocket for the seat post.... AWESOME.

It is in black primer at the moment. Want to give it some color that will be keeping with the vintage racer look. Still thinking on it.

I need to learn to weld better, so I can do this stuff too, all the extras on this bike make it an original, Great job!

I am really having a creative block these past couple of weeks. Affecting my art work and bike building. Here is a minor addition of a front fender. At least it was some progress I guess

g-ratter said:
Thanks Kreep. I will get in touch with you when I am at that stage.
Got the framed bondo'd and primed. Need to do some glaze work and wet sanding but it is looking good so far.
Fork_finials_zps6c4e20e4.jpg

IM looking to make my own trust rod on a build soon, where could I find that piece you use^^ to hold the two ends of the truss rods together?

Not sure how to describe this but the black ring is from one of those BMX bikes that has front and rear hand brakes. It was attached to the fork stem and allowed the rider to spin the front wheel all the way around without tying up the brake cables.
I welded the two short tubes on there that the truss rods go through. The decorative ends are lamp finials that screw on to hold the truss rods in place.

Originally thinking old bike = old chain ring but I have had this sitting around for a while and thought it added a nice touch.
Originally a double cog for a multi speed bike so removed smaller one and mounted it to the original arms. With it being a little bigger and more teeth I thought it added to the racer theme.
Looks like it should work. Will paint the inner arms a color so the chrome stands out.

As most of you can tell I started this thing over a year and a half ago. It has been sitting in this state for a long time so thinking it is done except for the painting. Still need to find some rat trap pedals. I was having the same problem with my handle bars as another member was. Looked good upside down but uncomfortable to ride. In the upright position looked goofy. So i cut them and flattened them out. Think I will be covering them in a leather wrap.

Deorman, I am assuming you are talking about it being vintage looking. Was not really going for that just did not want to use a typical chain guard or just leave it bare.

Latest posts

Back