What I like about RRB is that...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o_OMan, what a bunch of newbie suck-ups. Nobody here knows anything. If bicycle knowledge was wool, you people couldn't knit a sweater for a fruit fly. What kind of loser would even look twice at a rusty old coaster bike? Why don't you get out of mommy's basement and do something productive? :banghead:
You're welcome.:bigboss:

:crazy: Hey, had you going for moment there, didn't I? :grin:

yes, but they weren't on a cool bike.
I agree. The owner of one lbs here literally hates me because I chop and weld things. If it isn't a $2000 (insert name brand here) he doesn't care for it. I hosted a bicycle show in my town for 3 years straight and personally extended an invitation to him every year. He never showed. I see him at least once a week riding and he just shakes his head, as though a 1934 bicycle is some abomination. His Cannondales and Treks wouldn't be here without it.That's how you know someone loves the money more than the history or the principle. I suppose there's a bias there, us rat guys rarely need to spend money at the lbs. But a friend of mine has a modern bike shop/vintage bike museum, here in town. I've never purchased a single thing from him, and he doesn't seem to mind.

A small bit of things were said about the fakeness (is that a word?) of bikes like mine but no big deal. 98% cool people which is a fantastic ratio compared to other unrelated forums I frequent.

A small bit of things were said about the fakeness (is that a word?) of bikes like mine but no big deal. 98% cool people which is a fantastic ratio compared to other unrelated forums I frequent.
Fakeness is not a real word, which makes it all the more useful...the term serves as an example of itself. Common usage/social linguistics will pretty much guarantee its adoption into the official lexicon, eventually.

Hey Ozz... I was out on the trail a few days ago... On my single speed, balloon tired, cruiser and I passed everyone out there! Everyone and their spandex, space age frames, tires that cost more than my bike altogether... And you know what? I was smiling the whole .... time. The two thousand dollar bike crew looked like someone kicked them in the... Shin! Ride on y'all!

I've been lurking through RRB for a few years now and have to admit that I now have to sneek bikes in the garage cuz my wife say's "NO MORE BIKES" but do I listen... HAHAHA "NO".. This site has created a bike junkie in my house hold and YES I have a problem and I am an addict... There, it's all out in the open.. YOU PEOPLE HAPPY NOW.!!!

I've been lurking through RRB for a few years now and have to admit that I now have to sneek bikes in the garage cuz my wife say's "NO MORE BIKES" but do I listen... HAHAHA "NO".. This site has created a bike junkie in my house hold and YES I have a problem and I am an addict... There, it's all out in the open.. YOU PEOPLE HAPPY NOW.!!!

The first step is admitting that you are powerless over your addiction. =D

Latest posts

Back