(MBBO Class 1) The Ginch: Final Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to my God Fathers funeral today. What a mess. I needed some alone time in the shop. I've been looking for butterfly bars but they are rare and cost a mint. Grabbed 2 sets of bars off the pile and did some slice and dice. Along with a little sizzle sizzle this is what I came up with.
10702194_839125339478031_3169743307992811708_n.jpg

Last edited:
Cell phone pic and the shop was full of welding smoke. And thanks. He was the patriarch of the family so it was a rough day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love that style of bar. I had a Spyder 500 when I was a pup, had a set of them on it...Twin bar diamond frame, blue to golden yellow fade, 5 speed, banana seat.. ARR Arr arr...

Carl.

Great work on the butterflies!!! Brings back memories of my Screamer 2. Yours appear to have a little of an inward turn, kinda like the Eliminator pretzel bars.

Had to kill a spider as I opened this thing up. Turned out really nice after disassembly and a few touches of white lithium grease. I ran it through the polisher real quick and it looks brand new. I love playing with NOS parts. If anyone has a cable longer than 30" they want to sell please let me know. It's a little tight.

10632644_841014419289123_5392789311040666084_n.jpg

Put the bars on that I made the other night and put the speedo in its new home. Waiting to do brake levers until I find the purple and silver bar wrap (NOS) I know I have....somewhere.
10696367_841014575955774_5859442974741934812_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. Is the speedo cable hooked up in the pic? If so it looks good. I don't think you'll find an extra long cable for that.

I originally had the neck a few inches taller. Realizing finding a longer speedo cable wasn't going to be possible is why I added more to the bars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lookin good so many great things on this bike the speedo looks perfect on the goose neck both with the same shape and the tail light looks like it belongs there and the bars are awesome! Fenders?you gonna run any?either way looks good one of my favs.:rockout:

Latest posts

Back