dyno mooneyes info

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I went to a yard sale on the weekend & got talking all things bikes as usual, & he brought out an unfinished project that his kid started years ago, it WAS a mooneyes, all sandblasted ready for a full colour change as he hated yellow! ....
So now i need to try & find original stickers, measurements on the frame as to where to line out the black, & also want to get the right yellow!
All it needs is the chainwheel, he threw it as is had rust on it!, & the chain guard, he threw it because he didnt want one!
So anyway, at least i got it, will be a nice adition to my dyno collection
So now i have,
my tiki, deuce, mooneyes(almost),glide & glide deluxe!
cheers in advance for any info!;)

Hi GuzziRod,
yep...plenty of pics, just need someone who has one to forward on measurements of where the black paint meets the yellow paint so i get it back to as close to original as i can. The yellow looks to be "primrose yellow"? but need to confirm. Also the original waterslide decal set would be perfect, but may have to get some that are close! ;)
I wish i had of found this before he blasted it!!:comando:
cheers!

Someone has a yard stick could hold it up and snap pics of the various areas where the paint changes.

Gonna do that so I can find just the right handlebar for my chopper.

Did you get the Mooneyes wheel discs? I would think that Mooneyes would still have some various decals available that would work. Or take really good pics and have custom vinyl made.

Best of luck with the restore.

Contact Mooneyes, I'm sure they have tons of decals and could tell you the correct paint color (if it's not still on the fork, where it goes into the headtube). Also, I'm pretty sure you can get the Moon discs for the wheels, but they are not cheap.

Glad to see another Dyno being saved. I have a complete Mooneyes and also a frame and chainguard. I will try to get you some dimensions tomorrow afternoon. Do you need the paint breaks on the bike as well as the chainguard? Here is the photo of my Mooneyes. Just posted a bunch of photos in the Gallery forum last week. Take a look.
IM003027.JPG

Latest posts

Back