Lowriderish Fatty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like everyone else(well a couple folks) I have been bitty by the Beast Bug. Ignore the sleeping teenager in the chair. She wasn't near as excited about this build as I was. She was more like can't we do it tomorrow we already disassembled 3 bikes tonight! I'm just glad she still likes to hangout w/her dad! Anyway on to the build.

I am attempting a springer front on this thing. Should get interesting.

Last edited:
Small world. I just moved from Oliver Springs, will be back after college in a few years. You going to have the bikes in the Christmas parade along with some of the ratrods from the local shop/your shop?

My spring mount looks like a medievel knight mouth guard. The picture doesn't do it justice.

I'll be curious to see if those bronze bushings work. They may with a thread less stem...

Randy I am / did put apes on it. The bronze bushing seem to be working well so far. I have ridden it around the parking lot and everything seems to be good. Springer rubs just alittle when turning sharp. I will post some pics tonight. I also still have to mount up the banana seat and sissy bar. Just have a cruiser seat on it right now.

Well I thought mine was the only one in existence... Oh well I guess we will have to share the title of coolest guys on the planet:rofl:

Deal. But technically they are different so they are one of a kind. Mine is lowrider and your is normal springer. I am just pissed you beat me to it by like a week, lol. Question for you. Did you make your spring mount or did you modify the original? With mine I moved the fork and brace to the outside of the mount and used nuts to provide spacing on a longer carriage bolt. It was easier and doesn't look too bad. But i was thinking of trying to make it look more original now that I know what sizes it needs to be.

Did you make your spring mount or did you modify the original?

I made it. Cut it up and reused the center with hole for the spring, used the side tabs that mount it the forks and filled in the blank areas with 1/8" dia steel. Once I got the shape I liked I plated it all up with some thin steel. I have picture of it above.

Latest posts

Back