(MBBO Class 1) "The Judge 5": Closing argument.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life is a little better today. A friend happened to decide to sell his wife's car on Monday night. Then he found out mine was stolen. So last night we worked out a good deal. It's a year older, but has less miles on it. It's the street version (Subaru Legacy) where my stolen one was an Outback. It's also a turbo and take Premium gas, so less fuel efficiency for my 80 mile a day commute. Regardless, I'm back on the road, the family unit is less turned upside down, so I should be getting back to the garage soon.

Is it wrong that I was worried the new tires I had for The Judge were stolen with the car? But I had taken them out the afternoon before and had just forgotten about it. The front is just a new Kenda, but the rear is a blackwall NOS Cheater Slick. I don't think I could replace that so easily. The stencil work is underway. I need to check up on that today.

Glad to see life is starting to get back to normal. Hope they catch the bum!

Way to turn things around. Sorry to hear about the misfortune with the car. Glad top hear the cheater slick wasn't in it...;-)

Man that's crazy about your car I would hate to imagine waking up to my car being gone worst part about it is knowing someone was in your driveway and yard the night before at least that's the way I felt last summer waking up to find someone had tried to steal my lawnmower but didn't they left it in the ditch in front yard I think my neighbor spooked them when he got up in the night but that is no comparison to a car I suppose Subaru parts sell well might be worth recruiting some friends to start looking to buy a engine or other large parts Good Luck hope the THEIF gets what he DESERVES!!!

Dude that sucks!!! glad that it is working out for you.

Troy

Working slowly... meaning I haven't done much of anything. I had to buy a "new" car and I've been dumping a ton of money and time into it to make sure it's reliable enough to drive me 80 miles a day. Anyway...

Another project I'm working on along with this one is a '69 Super Stock for my friend. I took a few days to strip my rusted frame. Sure it looked like it had paint, but underneath was rust. So I had to manually strip all the rust. A true PITA.

The SS frame didn't have rust, so as you can see, the candy layer is just peeling up revealing the silver base coat. The base coat is much tougher and I'll have to sand it down, but it'll be easier than the rust.

My frame is at the top getting a little more stripper in a couple of small nooks. It should be ready for primer soon. After primer I'm going to start building it to make sure I have everything, and all individual parts are cleaned and polished, and fit, before final paint.

wV1urN.jpg

dijgPi.jpg

Well at least the stripping and hard sanding is done. That's some good progress.

That Super Stock looks like it was a cool color. Is that a Huffy too?

Yes, the Huffy Super Stock V was essentially a 24" Rail. I have one for my daughter that was a 3 speed that I'm converting to a 5 speed... because I think 5 speeds are cooler. :)

That color was Kiwi Green. It's going back to that with a burnt orange fade at both ends. Like the bike below, except green where you see yellow, and not a "Slingshot" (24" front wheel instead of the 20" shown)

slingshot5.jpg

Yes, the Huffy Super Stock V was essentially a 24" Rail. I have one for my daughter that was a 3 speed that I'm converting to a 5 speed... because I think 5 speeds are cooler. :)

That color was Kiwi Green. It's going back to that with a burnt orange fade at both ends. Like the bike below, except green where you see yellow, and not a "Slingshot" (24" front wheel instead of the 20" shown)

slingshot5.jpg
First off, Nice Bike here.. I can really see the direction your're taking yours and cant wait to see the bi-product of your labors.
Im Awful sorry to hear about your car.. When a mans wheels get taken, I can see gettin mad...extreme... "upsidedown".
[If you dont mind be asking, what makes you feel he took yours out of any other car in the neighborhood/town? what made it stand out? or is it just one of those neighborhoods?]
Lastly.. I really dig the Thick tred on the tires you chose to use.
[And can completely understand your worry for the new tires in the back ^.6]

-Jordan

Neat..thought that frame looked bigger. 5 speeds are cooler than 3 speeds for sure.

Beautiful! I can see why you like those frames. You suppose those are sturdy enough for an adult rider? The Schwinns are so solid but one of those might be good to build a lightweight screamer out of.

...If you dont mind be asking, what makes you feel he took yours out of any other car in the neighborhood/town? what made it stand out? or is it just one of those neighborhoods?...
It's a great neighborhood, but because it's so nice we are targeted by traveling hoodlums. The reason my car was specifically targeted was because Bentley Continental GT's aren't cheap cars.

Ok, but seriously... back in August my garage was very full and we were parking outside. One night my wife accidentally left her purse in her van. A rock was thrown through the passenger window and it was taken. They didn't get anything of value because we had everything shut down that morning. Except that my wife had traveled with my daughter around the state for dance, and she had spares keys in her purse in case she lost them. So they got the spares for both vehicles. The insurance company wouldn't pay to re-key the cars, so I reorganized the garage and we've been parking them in there. Fast forward to last week. I left my car outside with the expectation to work on my bike. But I had a cold, felt like crap, so turned in early without ever going back out to the garage. I forgot to bring the car in, and in the morning it was gone. I had left it out here and there for "bike" reasons (messy garage, too lazy to clean it up) so I got complacent thinking since it wasn't stolen, they weren't coming back. I was wrong.

Beautiful! I can see why you like those frames. You suppose those are sturdy enough for an adult rider? The Schwinns are so solid but one of those might be good to build a lightweight screamer out of.
They aren't lightweight. They are steel, just like a Schwinn frame. So, sturdy enough? Yup. Big enough? Depends on the person. Guys like the Rail because they are long, so they aren't bunched up in it when the seat is really tall for them. But me, I'm 6'4", so even a 24" looks small. I build my 26" Monster Ray for last year's MBBO because I didn't want to look like a bear in a circus, but I still wanted to enjoy cruising on an old school muscle bike.

Nice...the Monster Ray is another awesome build. I'm only 5' 10" so I can ride the Stingrays comfortably but I'm sure it looks a little weird.

Latest posts

Back