1949 Super Deluxe Monarch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a guy who has a couple of bike for sale and wanted to know if the price he asking for is good? He is selling a 1949 Super Deluxe Monarch. The bike is complete but he said the bike was pretty rusted and painted the entire bike powder blue. The chrome is still in good condition including the springer fork. He is asking $500. Is that a Fair price? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures? Those always are a pretty sure bet towards authenticity and certainty you're getting what you pay for, as well as the serial number, which can be found [someone chime in..] on the bike. someone will know. be patient, you're sure to get your answer here with enough info.

FZ

Hey there Feespo,
Monark Super Deluxes are a desirable bike and price should depend on completeness and condition.
Originality is out the window with the repaint. A rusted or patina'd original may be more appealing to broader collector group for eventual resale.
The $$$ equipment to look for are the springer fork(which you said is there), rear rack(with chrome cheesegrater trim?),rear reflector, model specific headlight, tank(with horn?), chain guard, maybe a chrome trim bit on the front fender, etc.
If you like this bike and the metal under the repaint isn't all dimpled or dented and the welds are good, you'd have a cool rider or decent start to your own project for personalization.
It sounds like a fair enough price for complete riding bike. The parts may just be worth that much if complete.
If you like the bike, I think you should make out alright.
Monarks are real nice riding, well equipped collectible springer fork tank bikes that are not too, too rare, but original replacement bits can add up.
If you are set on a Monark in particular you could find others in time ranging in condition, price and circumstance from a lesser price to maybe twice+ the price of this one.
This is my opinion, I hope it helps a bit and would suggest asking the seller to send you some pics that you could post here.
As others suggested, check the common market places to get an idea of values on the bike and parts. There is no rush, if you miss this one, another great bike will soon catch your eye.
Members here are very willing to offer all kinds of help but also love to look at pictures of fresh bikes.
Where are you located?
This may well be/have been another members as well.
Welcome and Good Luck.

PS- Here's a link to ann RRB thread to help familiarize yourself with the variants and possibilites.
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index....monark-firestone-super-deluxe-cruisers.22536/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back