swedish "gripen" 3 bar klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried in the 1970's-1980's then again in 3 years ago. It wasn't fun back in the 1970's and certainly wasn't fun 3 years ago. So don't give the haven't tried it line. Give me mtb, xbike or even the new gravel grinders at least give something that I can sprint on and shift gears. These over weight bikes you call klunkers are no fun to sprint on nor are the ones spelt with a "C".

Sorry for the misunderstanding about "C" and "K" in the English language. Looks like it about the same as when I use the words Culture and Kulture?

I'll just leave and shut up.

I'm sorry if I've offended you, alistair. I was just trying to shed some info on the discussion. FWIW, a "hybrid" is a klunker with gears, like this: http://clunkers.net/alan_green.html
green_01.jpg

For those who'd like to shift....
Overweight? Sure. Outdated tech? Absolutely. No fun? I guess fun is what you make of it. If I'm on the trail and I'm not in a hurry, I have a whole lot of fun on a klunk... If you click on the videos, I'm sure you'll see guys having fun, rockin' dirt jumps on Worksman INBs, and even sprinting a little. And, yeah, I sprint on a klunker---- it's just a relatively slow kind of sprintin'. :grin:

I don't think anyone wants you to "shut up and leave"; I just got the impression that some of the folks on this thread weren't familiar with the aesthetic and function that the OP was attempting to achieve with this bike. Again, sorry if I offended you, but I just love to talk bikes and especially klunkers.... check out my sig line... I can type about'm all day. "Klunker" just happens to be a specialized bike term, as evidenced perhaps, by this:
https://www.google.com/search?site=...msedr...0...1ac.1.60.img..0.7.343.iv2I3KQWA9o

Take care.... and relax. No one is trying to pick a fight with you....

I'm just leaving the thread not the forum. I will need to check out the klunker clunker with the gears. I wonder if a spaceliner with gears has been done?. But still it won't fast enough to give the fun I need on the flats. Once a road bike racer always a road bike racer.

Last edited:
I'm super jealous of you European ppl, with your ready supply of forks with bottle-generator bosses brazed on....

went out to my garage today for some putting my tools in the right place business and also get rid of some old .... laying around. After that i began to make the third bar to my klunker build, i´m pleased with the result:
10906286_10204326143091253_4027585925331548524_n.jpg

10898068_10204326143931274_6965983919082748883_n.jpg

after that i welded my rat-look-lowrider bike, put some things together and went for a test run in the dark and rainy night :)
10885182_10204328176022075_3063704171433801538_n.jpg

So "riverstream.se", in the spirit of Swedish bikes is this Klunker gonna be Husqvarna red with chrome forks since there isn't a gas tank with chrome knee slap areas?
Funny story... My uncles use to race enduros, highest level was like ISDT 2 day qualifiers in New England, both rode Husky 250's. Well we went to a bar after an endure near Harrisburg, PA, my uncle Woody wearing a Husqvarna motocross jersey. The waitress, who was super hot, asks what the shirt means. Without skipping a beat he replied, "You're screwed in Swedish"... I think I shot beer out of my nose I was laughing so hard!

Latest posts

Back