3G SPRINGER FORK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Many of you will recognize this fork from Gary's days with Phat Cycles. He designed the fork and sold them for a while back then.

He recently decided to bring them back on the market and today at our show I got to see one in person. They are definitely a work of art. Very nice quality as with all of 3G products.

The steer tube is 1" but they will have headsets that will convert it to 1 1/8". The fork blades telescope to fit front wheels from 16" to 26" and they have a disk brake adapter. The linkage in the bottom has precision bearings so it is a functional fork. The fork blades are chro-mo steel and all of the aluminum parts are CNC. The top plate is polished aluminum that's dipped in chrome. Overall it's a really sweet springer fork.

They retail at $349 so they're not a cheapo springer off of Ebay, but they will set your bike apart from the rest. Once he gets them in stock I'll have them listed in the RRB online store for order.

q81b.jpg

dhm3.jpg

p1pr.jpg

x5tb.jpg

s8oj.jpg

3yru.JPG

I like the built in stem up top, think I would need some cooler bikes to bolt one onto though myself. Reminds me of a Huffy dial-your-ride fork slapped onto a chopper fork 8) Is there a recommended head tube length for those things ?

I'm pretty sure it's all adjustable so it would just be a matter of cutting down the steer tube to fit....I think. :lol:

That fork is a work of art!

Wow! That is as beautiful as my reworked U.S. Choppers fork, so now I am always on the lookout for, Girvins, Abraham Linkages, some unknown brand aluminum cantilever Springer, and 3Gs!
Jeez when will the madness I have for metal art end?

mikeeebikey said:
Wow! That is as beautiful as my reworked U.S. Choppers fork, so now I am always on the lookout for, Girvins, Abraham Linkages, some unknown brand aluminum cantilever Springer, and 3Gs!
Jeez when will the madness I have for metal art end?

Don't forget Schwinn Spoiler forks.

I have one of these coming to me from a 3G Showtime chopper as part of a trade.

I couldn't help but notice two changes on the new unit vs. the O.G. unit. The new one uses a stem top instead of a "mirrored" top plate. And the rockers are much better as the pivots are straight through holes, whereas the O.G. one had an elongated hole on one side which worked fine until you engaged the disc caliper, then the wheel had some real bad side to side movement. IMHO new stem, Nah! New rockers, Oh Yeah! I love mine, with some practice, you can make it hop! LOL

I picked a used one up. Still waiting for it to show up on the doorstep. They are good looking pieces but just strange enough that I don't think you can throw them on every bike.
Does any one have some pics of one cut down low like bobber

Latest posts

Back